Friday, December 3, 2010

1am

Yep its 1:00am and I am awake... you wonder why I am awake???? Well... its like this. My babies usually wake up for a bottle 3-4 hours after they go to bed, sometimes I get lucky and they go 5..... looks like tonight is one of those nights. I would be super happy about that BUT I thought they were going to wake up "any minute" since 11:00 and I have been keeping myself busy figuring why go to sleep when they will wake me up 10 minutes later.... Ummm ya I guess I should have just went to bed. Oh well at least I got some online Christmas shopping done :)

So I figure I haven't done a "pet peeves" aka things that tick me off in awhile so its time :) But before then I will gladly share a few things that make me VERY happy.

1) 21 days until I get to introduce my little babies to their 2 aunts, 2 uncles, and 5 cousins!!!

2) Jamison is loving his "nap nanny" apparently since he is sleeping so well (also took his nap in it earlier too). Just got it today to see if it helps his reflux while he sleeps... if it works we are getting another for Weston.

3) LOVING that my babies are now on a great schedule of two 2+ hour naps a day... AT THE SAME TIME :) (if you notice the blog has been updated a wee bit more often lately mommy has more time on her hands to get stuff dome)

4) Love the little baby noises squeaks and coos both babies make. Seriously I could listen to them and pinch their cheeks all day long!

Now for a few things I DON'T love.........

1) When after feeding two babies their nightime bottles (note-at their scheduled bedtime), lugging those overly tired whining and whimpering babies and their monitors up the stairs with a bum knee (yep thanks to that new workout and whole O.B.B.) I holler dowstairs and the conversation goes like this........
Me-"babe can you please bring me Jamison's new bed real quick"
Babies- Whaaaaaaaa! Whaaaaaaaa!! Whaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Pat-"right now?"

No, REALLY please take your time....... who needs to have a bed at bedtime???? (Men!!)

2) When a conversation goes like this...

"what are your babies names"
"Jamison and Weston"
"I was going to name my son Weston but my husband hated it"
"Oh really"

Seriously??? What else do you say to that?? I am thinking next time I will reply with a big smile and simply say "Thats awesome, thanks for sharing!"

3) Now this one is by far the most annoying... people are stinkin NOSEY!!! Listen I obviously have no problem sharing info... I probably over share way too much. I mean I have told you all about my girlie parts, my pooping habits, my stretch marks, worrying I peed myself when my water broke, all kinds of crazy things.... but this totally ticks me off and has happened already more times then I can count...

"are they twins?" (ummm... no I had an extra spot in my stroller so I decided to borrow a baby)
"yes"
"are they natural?"

Ok stranger person..... for starters you will see me for approx 1 min during your entire life... why do you think upon the very glance at my babies that its ok for you to ask about the status of my fertility??? Its such a ballsy question and happens so often but yet for some reson I still get caught off gaurd and have yet to answer it with something equally as personal like "what were the results of your last pap smear?"

Don't get me wrong if I am talking to someone I have no problem telling people we concieved through IVF or answering any questions about the process. I usually just volunteer it (if I am actually having a conversation) because I don't think enough people talk about the struggles of infertitly or all that goes with it. I have a problem with the fact that they are asking to be just plain nosey. After I answer with "no we needed to use IVF" I get a simple "oh..." and thats the end, they walk away and I am left wondering why that conversation took place??? How else can I answer it really? How much information do they REALLY want to know as we stand for 30 seconds waiting for an elevator? Do you want the simple answer like I usually give? Do they want the full answer of 2 1/2 years of heartbreak trying to get pregnant, 3 surgeries, a failed cycle, how much it costs? What are they REALLY asking? I don't know... so I think I may try to have some fun with it next time :)

4) The misconception about fertility treatments.... as if its the easy way. I had someone tell me the other day that when they see twins they just assume that person used fertility drugs "becasue they didn't want to wait" to get pregnant on their own. I am sure a few woman have asked for clomid to help speed up the process but by all means they are the minority. People don't choose to be infertile and there are sooooo many different reasons and causes... its a hard thing to go through not to mention your body being put through the ringer with the hormones, the tests the actual procedure isn't a picnic either and after all of that it doesn't always work. By all means the "easy" way would be the old fashioned way.

The boys pulmanary Dr. said to me during the appointment........... "Ooooooooh........they are IVF twins.........." Yes they are. Now does that change how you read the reports on their monitor??? No... I didn't think so.

Maybe I am sensitive to the subject but I just hate the babies being labeled and questioned. They are sweet little innocent babies, not "oh... they are IVF babies...." Jamison and Weston are just simply babies... my babies..... and watch out because this momma bear is obviously a wee bit overprotective :)

2 comments:

  1. People are ignorant! Try not to let ignorant people get to you! My aunt use to say to people when they started to ask her questions "Yea. . . I bought one and got the other one FREE!!" You know how shock people were went she said that! I always died laughing and so did she but needless to say they didnt ask more questions. I was a member of this Mommy group on Facebook and there was actually a lady on the thread that was asking if she should do IVF because her and her husband wanted twins (they hadnt even started TTC yet!). Needless to say every women on that board (including me) whether they had kids or were still TTC came at her with pitch forks! If she were here I would have smacked her!! I am sure the crazy people will continue and you can keep just nodding your head and smiling but if you REALLY feel offended and hurt speak up! Tell them they are being rude! Love ya girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though we talked about this on the phone, it was still upsetting to read your blog about how rude people can be. You are definitely handling it better than I would because I would have a hard time not giving these people a piece of my mind if they asked me. I don't blame you for being overprotective. It's sad that instead of people just being happy that you have two beautiful healthy boys, they are concerned with how they are conceived! People can be so ignorant!

    ReplyDelete