Friday, December 10, 2010

We made it!!

Its Friday and DADDYS baaaaccckkkkkk!!!! We survived Pats first work trip! He got a look at the babies and was pretty surprised how much Weston's face had changed since he left... munchkin is getting so big! Yesterday and today he has really started "talking" and smiling. OMG I could just squeeze his little cheeks. Lucky for me both babies are too little to push me away because I am always kissing their tiny faces :)

Best part of the night.... Pat was holding Little J as I was doing bath time for Weston, when bath time was over I went downstairs to do the swap and take Jamison for his bath... when he saw me he got so excited started kicking his little feet and just smiled and smiled and smiled like "oh yeah my mom is back" MELTED my heart!!!

The developmental screening nurse came out this week and the boys were superstars!!! Weston is now 8lbs 10oz!!! Jamison was 10lbs 2oz!! Chunky butts!!! She did her evaluation and said the boys were doing "exceptionally well". She was impressed with how good Jamison is at tummy time. Most babies don't really like it but he really does well, pushes himself up, coo's and stays content for a pretty long time. Weston was actually a bit ahead for how well he holds himself. They were looking for them to be able to bring their heads to a 45 degree angle and he is at 90! Each month she will come out and do her assesment and then every 6 weeks they go to a clinic for a follow up with a physical therapist and Dr..... well since they did so well she said they can skip January, no need to go until Febuary!! I am so proud :)



After the nurse visit it was time for stroller happy hour :) It was so much fun. The ladies ranged from drinking 0-2 glasses of wine so no sloshed mommas. We were chatting so much totally lost track of time... I guess after talking to babies that don't talk back all day ....that was bound to happen :)



Speaking of time.....I have been counting down the days till we go to North Carolina and get to share the babies with the family. By Saturday morning (next week) they will get to see Grandma Crockett again, Monday my Aunt Pat and her husband (Uncle Kevin) are coming for a few days and then of course Christmas, their Aunts -Kelly & Kristin, Uncles- Brett & Gerard, and 5 cousins Robert, Sean, Gabby, Cameron and Gianna!! I am so excited to see all of the kiddos too! Its been almost a year and I am sure they have all grown and changed so much!!!



I am hoping by then I can walk like a normal person again. My ankle is still killing me (note to self- when exercising remember you aren't a teenager anymore, your joints can only take so much!!!) but despite my little injury I have finally been able to budge the number on the scale!! 4lbs more down 2 to go!!! My goal was 3 months to get the weight off, I think I am going to be able to squeak by the hairs of my chinny chin chin. Although looking at the old body now... not thinking that pre-pregnancy weight is going to look the same?!?!?! Things have shifted just a wee bit... its ok, I'll take it. The babies were totally worth it!!!

I will post some more pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment