Friday, April 16, 2010

Yipppeeeee!!!! Babies are great!!!

Well today I FINALLY met my new Dr. He was super nice and really took alot of time going over my history and answered every question I had. We will be delivering the babies between 36-37 weeks... so probably a week or so before Halloween... how fun they will always have a great theme for a birthday party :)

He did a regular exam and then a ultrasound yippee!!! I was 10 weeks 4 days today... Baby A is my chunky monkey measuring 11 weeks and 176 bpm, Baby B measured 10 weeks 4 days exactly and had 171 bpm. I got to hear their heartbeats for the first time and saw them moving their little hands and feet.. it was pretty amazing.....and to see them start to take form as little babies instead of little beans so quickly ... I just love it. Baby B kept moving its little head like he/she was snuggling on a pillow, so cute.

So here it goes.....I got a spread eagle of Baby A and I know its reallllly early but I am pretty certain this little one is.... A...... BOY.... there is a bright spot with a little bulge smack dab in the middle. Its early... but that is my guess :) Wonder what little Baby B will be?? If I went by old wives tales they used to guess gender by heart rates, higher then 160 was girls so then I would be carrying two girls. Hmmmm I guess time will tell :)

The next great news is my next ultrasound apt is in two weeks :) I get to see them again soooo soon and Pat will get to come as well so it will be extra special. The not so great news is... after that ultrasound they will decide if they want to stitch my cervix closed (ouch!!!) to help differ pre-term labor. He started me on Lovenox- a blood thinner- for the rest of my pregnancy.... more daily shots UGH I thought I was done with those, but its for the babies and I will gladly do it. Lastly........................ BED REST............ at 24 weeks :( That means I have to cancel my trip to FL in August, I was really hoping to go and see friends and family one last time before the babies come, I asked if I could maybe go at like 20-22 weeks and then get back and do bed rest and he was like "um... not really.. but we will check your cervix around then and make a final decision" so here's to hoping I can make a trip back before sitting in bed for 3 months...

Overall, I couldn't be happier with my apt. We have two healthy babies!!!!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment