Saturday, April 3, 2010

What a week!!!

So this week has been crazy!!! Monday Pats mom came Tuesday all of our stuff came with the movers Wednesday we had an apt with the OBGYN and Thursday worked like crazy unpacking Friday more unpaking, tears and a trip to the ER (will explain below) and Saturday more unpacking.......... Good news is that is almost done :)

So here is what happened at the OBGYN. Spend forever writing out my history etc and then sit with the Dr. going over it... she was sooooo nice. She started off asking questions and talking about the twins, everything is a-okay at this point... then we go into my past... as we got to my prior blood clot she started saying I was high risk (I wasnt too surpirsed) but she said she would be my Dr and I would also be seeing the high risk Dr... ok not to bad... the we talked about my Leap procedure before (for pre cancer cells "down there"), that can cause an incompetent cervix which means they either stitch you up (sounds great I know) or monitor closely early on and bed rest most likely later with the added weight of the second baby... at this point she is still my Dr.... then she asked about any birth defects with children in the family and I mentioned my little nephew had a problem with his heart and explained it, she said no problem we will be sure to do echo's on the babies around 20 weeks.... then we move into what would be her last straw... my adhesions and prior suregeries... yep right about here she was done with me hahaha. She explained in detail that my delivery is to risky for vaginal because often with two the second baby can become stressed and need an emergency c-section, baby must be out in under 5-10 minutes, because of the scarring this is not possible it will take to much time ... I will need a "team of Dr's" which can only happen at one hospital in the area she said not to worry that the babies will be fine but they had to be careful with me... I really wasn't super surprised I have always had a feeling I would be high risk however I guess I never thought it would be so much that a Dr wouldnt want me as a patient... but I totally know its for the best for all three of us and I will do whatever it takes to get those little ones here safe :) The other benefit to the extra monitoring is extra ultrasounds :) I love seeing the babies.... which brings me to Friday...

So I am a crazy person.... not a big shocker there haha. After my Wednesday apt I was sad I didnt get an ultrasound and started worrying that something was wrong. I know I should just relax but I was just feeling great like extra great, no pregnancy symptoms at all....other then my pants being too tight :) No morning sickness, sore boobies no anything, figuring I have two in there I thought maybe I had been doing too much with moving stuff around... like I had hurt them(I know ... I am crazy...but hey I am a first timer I have no clue about this stuff) so I wanted to be sure they were ok ... my next apt which will be with the high risk Dr isnt for two weeks which just seemed....way.....too.....long...... so I threw a fit until Pat and his mom agreed with me and took my to the ER. The good news is they were awesome there and very understanding but the even better news is both babies are doing absolutely great!!!

At this point I was 8 weeks and 4 days
Baby A measuring 8 weeks and 5 days heartbeat 164 (my over achiever)
Baby B measuring 8 weeks and 3 days heartbeat 170 (my little peanut)

They got some great pictures but they didnt give me any :( Best part was that PAt got to come in and see his babies for the first time... no he didnt cry :)

So with this I am going to try to enjoy the fact I have been feeling great and have no neusea and relax until I go for my next apt on the 16th :)

Hope you all have a great Easter!

~Heather

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad to hear that you and baby are doing well!! I was thinking about all 3 of you yesterday. Give me a call when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! Sooo relieved to know that all is well with both babies! And now you are NOT crazy...I would have probably done the same thing. Assurance is everything at this stage in the game so do whatever makes you most comfortable to help alleviate stress. Can't wait to see photos of the new house and your growing belly (which looks so cute so far). Ronan misses you and talks about your babies now. He wants to know when he can meet them! Sending lots of love your way! xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete