Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dr. appointment updates

Busy busy busy. Monday was our big visit to the pulmanary Dr., overall it went pretty well. After printing out the read-outs on the machine the Dr. told me that only 5 of Jamison's alarms had been real, the rest were false alarms where he was breathing so shallow the monitor didn't pick it up.... 5 is still scary but much better then what I was anticipating. Weston had only 2 spells since coming home and they were so mild the machine recorded them but never beeped or alarmed for us so he is doing really fantastic.

This was the first day out for me with both babies by myself.........it was a long trip because the appointment times for each baby were 3 hours apart and I did something so stupid!!!!!!!! The night before I had packed the diaper bag & got everything ready so all I had to do was grab two bottles, babies, monitors & paperwork and go. So I get all loaded up, put the bottles on the counter go to find my keys and.... nope they are gone.... this is where I sigh and get frustrated that for whatever reason when Pat drives my car he can not put the keys back where they belong (or anyplace that would make sense) to save his life.... after searching the house high and low I find my keys in the pocket of his jeans that were in the dirty clothes (MEN!!!) anyways you can probably guess what happens next......... I load back up, hop in the car, go to pull in to the apt & realize the bottles are still on the counter!!! UGH!!! I was so mad at myself (and Pat because I am pretty certain without the sending out a search party to find the keys I wouldn't have put them down in the first place). I figure that since this a pediatric office maybe, just maybe they would have a cheapy or single use bottle (I had the milk with me just not the bottles) nope... so my plan then was to get through the first apt then run to CVS and but some before the next. We get through Jamison's and knowing the situation they did most of Weston's but had to stop when her next apt's came.... so at this point I only had about an hour before his scheduled time. I run two buildings over where they have an in house pharmacy since there was not enough time to load them get to CVS and back... that place had everything but bottles..... long story short... I felt HORRIBLE they had to go so long (their bottles were about 3 hours late) before getting fed :( Not that they noticed, they slept through everything....Mom guilt... it has already begun.

Next up pediatrician.... I LOVE the practice, both Dr's and staff.... bad news is they are on the 3rd floor... not usually a problem I just take the elevator.... unless the ELEVATOR ISN'T WORKING!!! For the record what idiot person designed a 5 story office building with only one elevator is beyond me?!?!?! I am standing in the lobby trying to figure out logistics of carrying everything up 3 flights of stairs when this nice old lady sitting on a bench flags down this young guy (don't I sound old?? but he was young, maybe 18ish) to help me up the stairs with the double stroller..... Note to self don't wear high heels to pediatrician appts........ Awe who am I kidding... I always wear heels (the taller you are the skinnier you look, thats why my hair is so big).

The appointment itself went great. Boys are getting big!!! Jamison 8lbs 5oz, 20 1/4 inches long, Weston 6lbs 15oz, 19 1/2 inches long... funny part is Weston's head is actually a bit bigger even though he is so much smaller :) And are doing everything 2 month old are supposed to except smile on purpose (until tonight when my little Jamison smiled at his momma for the first time- I melted, it was so sweet) which is REALLY good since they were two months early.

Oh... on the way out, thank goodness the elevator had been fixed... instead we were hit with pouring rain, so much fun to load the boys, stroller and monitors into the car when its raining buckets... oh well, at least it wasn't on that great of a hair day :)

Today was Jamison's ultrasound on his hips (in the same hospital they were born in so we made a quick pit stop upstairs to say hello to our favorite nurses) and the best news yet, they were perfect!!! No hip brace for my little man!!!

Overall we have had some great news and good Dr. apts for the boys the last few days. Tomorrow I am taking them to a fellow newborn twin moms house. She is hosting 8 moms all with twins 9 weeks old and under (do the math, she is CRAZY to have everyone over to her house) but I think it will be fun (and loud with that many crying babies) to get together and swap stories... I'll let you know how that goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment