Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Time management...






















Its kind of sad my posts have gone from mostly writing with the occassional picture to mostly pictures with the occasional story.... thats ok, the boys are way cuter then most of my stories. Finding time is tough. Mostly because when I do have time I would rather sleep :)
Overall the babies are good sleepers the problem is my grunter... Jamison likes to grunt and whimper while he is totally asleep so I keep checking him (thinking he is awake) while his little brother has been having some pretty serious reflux issues and the poor baby freaks out turns purple throws himself backwards stiff as a board and spits up out his tiny little nose... between that and Jamison making all kinds of noise (along with the occiasional reflux just like Weston) it makes for minimal sleep.............. the other night poor Weston did it 4 times in an hour :( Pats mom left today and she was such a big help with the nightime feedings... I think the next few days I will be trying to find our "grove" but no worries, they are only this little for such a short period of time so I will just keep enjoying every minute.

I still find myself in awe of them. They are so sweet its still hard to believe they are ours... that we made these little people..... I have babysat practically my whole life and its like I am still waiting for their parents to show up and take them home........babies are truly miracles!!!!
Weston had his last home nurse follow up yesterday and she weighed them both, they've gotten so big!!
Jamison 7lbs 13oz

Weston 6lbs 7oz

Weston gained almost a pound in a week!! He is doing so good :) While the nurse was here (don't get me started on the craziness happening with water pouring into our dining room while she was here-thats a whole different story) we told her about the rash Jamison had been battling.

Had I not been slacking in the blogging dept I would have already mentioned it, oops. Well last Friday Jamison had a rash on his face.. redness, little pimply bumps (no its not baby achne) puffiness around his eyes. It looked like an allergic reaction to something I looked it up online, didn't seem to be anything to worry about. I called the ped to see if they recommend anything to put on it and they said not to worry, leave it be and bring him in for his regular visit next Tuesday. Saturday he wakes up and its much worse, his eyes were so swollen, but the rash and everything was just on his face so we changed his sheet (I had a special one one there so I took it off and put a regular cotton one on) put him in a softer sleep sack and I decided to take him off breastmilk to be sure it wasn't something I was eating. Obviously I probably should have done this one at a time so we knew exactly what helped but he looked pitiful and I just wanted to make him feel better. Well it worked, by the next day the swelling went down and the rash was much better.......... fast forward to nurses visit, we told her about this and I showed her a picture (I would post it but it was a pretty rough picture of him)of him from the day it was bad and she kind of insisted we take him in to be seen (even though he was much better) thinking we may need a perscription on hand if this happened again. His face looked great but since both boys were refluxing so bad I really wanted to address that before our next visit anyway so we went in....................


After talking to the dr. about what to avoid eating while nursing and it hit me like a ton of bricks... she said



"you want to avoid anything that may be problematic like milk, soy, nuts..."


Nuts!!!! Ugh!!! I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of that!!! Pat has a peanut allergy (he eats them anyway and gets sick each time). Well I LOVE shelled peanuts and hadn't had them in forever but we picked up some last week and between Pats mom and I we had eaten a big huge bag right around that time. Poor kid. Now knowing this, for him having that bad of a reaction from my milk she said we will need to be very careful when he is bigger and we can re-evaluate everything, I am sure that will be to see if we need to carry an epi-pen or if its a more mild sensitivity like Pat has.

While we were there she gave him a once over and she is concerned about his little hips... so next week we are going to get an ultrasound done. I guess this will determine whether or not he needs to be put in a brace. I am praying he doesn't need it........

The other wonderful news the home nurse gave when I told her I was looking forward to the pulmanary dr taking the boys off their monitors soon (the wires all over the house and not being able to walk around with them is killing me) and she said.........don't get your hopes up with the way they are refluxing :( Oh well I guess we'll know more next week... Monday pulmanary Dr apts (thats who follows the monitors), Tuesday pediatrician apts, Wednesday ultrasound... hmmmm busy busy :)

The good news is the Dr. increase meds for both boys reflux and changed the time they get it and so far it seems to be helping so fingers crossed it means we are on the right track!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures! Your little boys are so stinkin cute! Bring them down here so I can hold them! :P Hopefully all goes well at their next appointments! ::HUGS::

    ReplyDelete