Thursday, January 20, 2011

Busy busy...

UGH!!! It has been a crazy few days!! Not sure if you all remember the post back in November about the flood in our house... well it still stinks! We finally had everything taken care of with the insurance lady and so we had the repair man come out to start on Monday and as he opened the ceiling 2 things became very apparent....

1) WAY bigger problem then expected (as in the 2nd floor is sinking)
2) Boys and I have to get out of the house

I had planned on taking the babies to FL to visit everyone anyway but this moved our expected date up.... So even though the dining room and kitchen were covered in plastic life was still o.k. here as we have "baby camp" set up in the living room so the boys and I still had our regular play area unaffected..... wellllllllllll not so much. We had also had a small leak of a hose bib in the living room wall that was repaired back in Nov but we were waiting on having the drywall repaired until the rest of the damage from the flood were underway (figured one mess instead of two) thank God we did. When the guys went to open it today to do the repair the entire wall was moldy.. very thankful that the babies never got sick from this especially since this is the room we are in most of the time and more so that we hadn't closed the wall right away because this most likely would have gone undetected.... now the crappy part though is this room is off limits for awhile now too. Yep Boys and I are locked upstairs ALL DAY. They are not too happy about this. My babies are big schedule type babies.... not on the schedule & not having our regular playtime makes for 2 very cranky kids..... on top this fun stuff I needed to go to the OBGYN today... Oh... did I have a baby sitter.... NOPE... so yes that means me and 2 cranky babies (since they are hating life off their schedule) in the little tiny exam room... picture this...

Me, naked waist down, attempting to hold the paper napkin they call a "sheet" around my butt with one hand Weston in the other while rocking the stroller with my foot when the door opens.. nope they didn't knock first... so a few unsuspecting people got a wonderful view of my goodies... only to be followed up with the next picture...........

Me, laying down, feet in the stirrups, shushing the babies and one handed (could only use one since I really couldn't "move" if you know what I mean) rolling the stroller back and forth trying to get them to sleep all while getting violated by the Dr............ FUN TIMES!!!!

Oh but the really fun part was the 19489128197 million people that stopped us in the waiting room to talk to me about the boys.... not the usual questions like "are they natural?" these were about the little guy. Weston is red... often... he has crappy sensitive and dry skin. I lotioned him before we left the house so he wasn't shedding everywhere and he always gets a little red afterwards and stays that way for awhile (no he is not allergic to the lotion). So I got

"Oh that one is red......"
"Why is he so red?"
"Will he grow out of THAT?"

and then they were followed up by the next set because he also LOVES to scratch his face....

"Oh he scratched his eye... and his cheek...."
"In my country babies wear gloves so that doesn't happen..."
"Do you trim his nails"

Seriously people??? For one I don't care what happens in "your country" since you live here... this is now "your country". Yes they sell gloves but he has very tiny wrists and they won't stay on... yes sometimes I use socks instead but I also don't like to torture the poor baby.. I trim his nails ALL THE TIME they are like talons and he likes to stick he hands in his face, grab his binkie, rub his eyes.. scratches happen.. if thats the worst thing he has going on he is A-Ok in my book......

Yesterday we had his appointment with the G.I, doctor which went well but was overall not very enlightening but it was entertaining I guess........

"OBVIOUSLY he is eating fine....."-- This must be the polite way of saying my baby is chunky, I LOVE chunky babies :)

Next up was the "I know more then you" do nurse....

"he has cradle cap..."-wow thanks I hadn't noticed
"I know we have tried everything...."
"you have to use baby oil.." -because of course I hadn't thought of that
" we tried it....."
"you have to do it more then once a day" -Really??? No way....
"I do and I have tried just about everything else you could think of....."
"WELL you have to actually scrub it...."-what do you say to this crap??
"OH Really? I will do that next time" Whatever lady!!! I just had to make it stop hahahaha

This morning we are off to have the boys evaluated by the physical therapist. Our home nurse came out this week(she is the developmental screening nurse) and while both boys are doing great she wanted to get them the follow up. Weston has a tightness in both shoulders but.... it could just be because he is so chubby its hard to get to it :) After this apt I am meeting up with my moms group (one baby not the twins group) for lunch, first time attempting to eat out with them by myself....we'll see how that goes. I will keep you all posted on our adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment