Saturday, January 8, 2011

Our Outing...

Was exhausting........... no, the babies behaved perfectly its all of the other stuff that makes me soooooooo tired. Our twin moms meetup was scheduled at 10am. My babies are pretty late sleepers, usually 8:30-9:30 so 10am is tough but doable.... Boys got up at 8:30 in fantastic moods and super cooperative... so are you asking your self why I am complaining??? Getting them loaded into the car and then out 5 minutes later when we get where we are going is a workout!!!

Let me explain the set up to our house....... we live in a condo/townhome set up (apparently by someone who LOVES stairs because we have TONS) and our parking spot and garage is on ground level but to get inside the house you either need to go through the garage and down a flight of stairs or to the front door you have to walk on the sidewalk and down a flight of steps (its a weird setup). Because I obviously can't just bring one up and leave one sitting by themselves while I go back to get the other, I have to make it all in one trip.

Another sidenote I have a bad tendency for being late.... all the time........... bad bad I know. So as always I am rushing to get out of the house and running up and down the inside stairs because when your rushed thats always what happens, cell phone was up there, then realized directions were up there. Finally ready and have to pick up a full load..... for one trip......

2 babies approx- 24 lbs
2 carseats approx- 12 lbs
diaper bag (its huge) approx- 10 lbs
2 heart monitors approx- 10 lbs

I skipped the purse and tossed my wallet in my diaper bag then hit the stairs.... there are 24 encase you were wondering :) By the time I hit my car I am out of breath and sweating to death..... in 20 degree weather............ with no coat. Its insane, but at least my arms are getting nice and toned :) And besides it sure did make me feel like I EARNED my Mocha Latte (its was delicious!!!).

Of course after getting there it was worth it. This group of ladies is awesome (usually there is a dud in every group... so far no duds) and we did tons of chatting.... and now for the best part...

The outing must have really worn out the babies because............... THEY SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! I was sooooooooooooooo happy!!!!! It was kind of funny, they went to bed at about 8:30, I woke them up to feed them at 10:00pm (this isn't typical but we got thrown off schedule because of our little playdate so I needed to squeeze one in). Like an idiot I played on the computer way too late so I didn't go to bed until about 2:00am and it felt like I had just closed my eyes and I heard Weston start whimpering I was like "Oh man not already..." and glanced at my watch and it was 6:ooam!!! I couldn't believe they slept from 10pm till 6am! they are so good to their mommy :) After they ate they went back to sleep until 8:30 for Weston and 9:00 for Jamison!!! I could get used to this!!! Fingers crossed folks that this wasn't a fluke and we will have a repeat tonight! I will keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment