Thursday, January 6, 2011

Memories.....

Well this post was supposed to have been done last night..... but I found some new features on the blog site. I can now track comments, see how many people viewed the posts, what search engine they used and all kinds of cool things. I was flipping through the new features and began reading some of my very first posts... it was like re-living the whole IVF process. I was so hopeful and worried that it would work in those posts and now I am typing this while my two beautiful babies sleep. Its truly amazing what a year can bring........ speaking of a year....... I was asked recently when I was planned on ending my blog.

Up until that point honestly I hadn't really thought about it. Truly this blog has been a great time passer when I was on bedrest, a news source for updates of my pregnancy & our days in the NICU (thank God those are over) for our friends and family and mostly a great support for me. It was fun and almost therapeutic to write about my feelings and all the things (both good and bad) that were happening and we received a ton of support from our family and friends that were following us along... I am grateful for each of my readers....thank you for taking time to read my (often silly) little tidbits.... but all good things do come to an end. I have decided on the one year anniversary of the blog I will make my final post..... it will be a little sad but I am excited to move forward from our trying to conceive days to our family of four days. I want to spend each day just enjoying the babies (they are only this small for such a short time). I am going to print all of these posts for the boys....... oh yes I know they are boys and will probably not be at all interested in all this girlie stuff... but... and here is the BIG BUT......... when they are teenagers and decide to throw a tantrum or tell me I don't care about them or something equally teenager-ish.... I will pull it out and make them sit and read... every post.....they will see how much I wanted to be a mom and loved them long before they were ever born, and more so how much crap I went through to get them into this world!!! So until then (February 5th) I will try to be a posting machine!!!!

Quick baby update!! Little Jamison (well my chunky little monkey) must have heard me talking about him yesterday because my Aunt and I were chatting and I mentioned how well he is doing. Pretty much caught up in developmental milestones to a baby at his actual age, even ahead in some things (example a regular 3 1/2 month old instead of his adjusted age of almost two months) but he hadn't rolled over yet. About 20 minutes later I was upstairs talking to Pat, he was on his tummy and all of the sudden up on his side and over he went :) I guess he was like "take that mom I can do it just didn't want to". It was adorable and I was so happy that even with Pat working alot he was able to be there to see both babies roll over for the first time :) Congrats to my baby, you are growing up too fast!!!

And onto even better news....... the babies only woke up once last night!!! Holy moly we are getting soooooo close to having them sleeping through the night!!! They went to bed at 9:30pm woke up at 3:00 for a bottle and then slept until 8:00am for Jamison 8:30 for Weston!!! fingers crossed we are on to something here :)

TGIF tomorrow!! Love weekends with daddy!!! Well that and looking forward to meeting up with the twin mommas group for coffee in the morning... I am sure the little cafe we are going to will LOVE seeing us coming with all our crying babies hahaha

2 comments:

  1. :( Well you better just make sure you keep you Facebook updated so I can see what is going on with those little guys of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your precious family! My prayer is that you are blessed with a prosperous year filled with much laughter, fun and joy!

    Thanks for giving a woman whose heart's desire is like yours; to look back a year from now at our wee one(s) in their crib.

    Stay blessed and may God continue to guide your steps.

    ~BFK
    xxx

    ReplyDelete