Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dr Apt :)

My boys are getting soooooo soooooo big!!! We went to our 4 month apt today and the boys did great!!! Jamison is weighing in at 12lbs 2 oz and Weston 11lbs 1oz!! Weston is really catching up. He has been consistently about 1 1/2 lbs less then his brother and now its only a pound! They have even started making it onto the charts for percentiles of their actual age instead of adjusted!! Well... both babies for their head size hahahaha Big noggins, must be all the brains, of course my babies are destined to be geniuses!!! LOL Jamison is also hitting it on height (he is a bit longer then Weston) Couldn't be any better. The Dr. was very impressed with how they are doing, so much that they are now getting to come off premiee formula with the added calories and onto regular baby formula and even ok'd to start solids!!! Makes me one proud momma!

They have really been good to me lately as well, going to bed at about 9:00pm then I give them a "dream feed" (its where you feed them without really waking them up) at 10-10:30 and they are sleeping until 6-7:30am!!! I give them their breakfast bottle and then they doze off again till about 8:30! I am VERY lucky :) On top of that Jamison has been starting the full belly laughs oh my goodness I LOVE IT, I could just eat him up!!! He has been doing a few giggles here and there but these big laughs started for the first time at my moms group on Tuesday.. not my twin group it was the group I met when I was pregnant. With bedrest and the NICU and crappy weather (I miss FL!!! ) it was the first time I got to meet up with them.... it was fun'ish- lets just say they are not the twin moms.... who like coffee and happy hour hahahaha they are more the clothe diapering, breastfeeding, formula is the devil kind.... (yes I am all for breastfeeding but I also think whatever makes a happy mom makes for a healthy baby). Weston has become my super happy smiley little thing.... seriously its adorable. I love first thing in the morning when I go to pick them up and Weston gives me the "hello mommy" smile and then little Jamison opens his eyes and giggles he is so happy to see me... they melt my heart!!!

On another note I made the best pork chops yesterday! We have soooo many pork chops in the house (they were on sale) and I didn't feel like same old grilled chops (that and its freaking cold outside! no one wants to stand in the snow to grill) I went online looking for recipes and couldn't find anything I had ingredients for so I made my own..... and they were delicious!! I mixed 1/2 pack of onion soup/onion dip mix with cream cheese and a bit of Parmesan cheese, sliced open the chops, stuffed this inside, used a toothpick to hold closed. Then on top I mixed some mashed potato flakes(I am on a wheat free kick so this is my sub for breadcrumbs, nice and crunchy) with some garlic powder, salt and pepper just sprinkled over them. Baked at 365 for thirty min but just before it was done I put some shredded mozzarella on top to melt. YUMMYYYYY so moist and tender and for sure not boring. You could even sub in low fat cream cheese and low fat mozzarella. I am always looking for easy good recipes so I figured I would pass it along. Pat loved them and I will for sure be making them again :)

Happy Thursday folks... babies new excersaucer (thanks Grandma) just got delivered so I am off to put it together. I am sure there will be pictures to follow!!! I have and old one from my daycare upstairs that they like (entertains them with just enough time to do my hair) but this one is the mac daddy so I am sure they will love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment