Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome 2011

I can't believe another year has past. 2010 brought me my two little miracle babies and 2011 will be an amazing year enjoying them and being a family!!!

We had a great Christmas enjoying time with our family and of course I loved being able to introduce the boys to everyone. The first few days were pretty quiet minus a quick trip to the E.R. with Weston. He had some very large swollen glands on the back of his neck. Because its typically a sign of infection we had to take him in... luckily that ended up being nothing but while we were there and the Dr. was listening to his heart he started asking me a bunch of questions about the heart monitor.... turns out while he was listening Weston had a brady spell, monitor records everything but only alarms after 20 seconds, it was just under so it never went off... he said to me "Ma'mm the bradycardia is much more a concern to you then his lymph nodes ever will be"- Gesh thanks Doc!!! He had two other quick spells while we were in N.C but nothing too serious. They also had a nice visit from their Great Aunt and Great Uncle and then on Christmas the rest of the family made it to N.C. I say "made it" because it was quite the snow filled day (one car in the ditch needing a tow, 5 kids walking uphill in the snow-crazy-we ended with a total of 6-7 inches and snowed in for a few days).

Jamison tried to steal the show smiling and cooing to everyone and poor little Weston was just not himself. He had bad gas pains the first day the whole gang was there (thank you Aunt Kristin for finding a Walgreens open on Christmas Day!) and then just pretty much stayed fussy for the rest of the visit. I felt bad because he really didn't get to show much of his sweet little personality, he just wasn't himself. I wasn't sure if it was still from an upset tummy or if he was just overstimulated having so many people around and stuff going on... now after being home I am leaning towards the latter. He is a very alert little man and it must have been just too much because since we have been home he is pretty much back to his normal self, smiling and cooing... thank goodness!!! But even though he was a stinker he had lots of love and hugs from everyone... Grandma and his Aunts especially!!!

He has also started spitting up alot more then normal in the last few days, nothing has changed as far as what he is eating or how much so it was kind of odd that this just started. I was beginning to think that his thickener just isn't enough for him anymore so with a call and blessing from his pediatrician we have now moved on to thickening his milk with baby cereal. So far it seems to be helping.... the problem is jut trying to get the nipple of his bottle right. The cereal won't go through the normal whole so you have to make it bigger..... the challenge has been finding the right size whole to put into it to keep from too much or too little coming out... so far out of 6 nipples we have 1 that works :( We'll get there!!!

I have been soooooooo looking forward to the boys follow up apt with the pulmonary Dr. on Monday... yep not so much!!! We get home and have a letter in the mail saying the apt has been canceled because the Dr. won't be in???? How does that happen when you have an apt scheduled for more then 6 weeks? And it a huge facility with lots of other Dr's so you mean to tell me there is no one that can see these patients for her??? Oh and the best part was the letter said "we have tried to contact you by phone..." Um... no you didn't! I have my phone on me 24/7, my number is the only one listed, there have been no calls, no missed calls no voice mail- nothing!!! So fingers crossed they don't try to schedule us out another 6 weeks. I am fairly certain Jamison will come off and his skin is so sensitive to the material I really don't want him to be on this longer then needed... besides getting rid of one set of cords and plugs will be super helpful in making my mommyhood just a wee bit simpler. I have to call first thing tomorrow and see what they say.

Tuesday will bring us a new washing machine since our machine that was newly purchased in April, broke for the second time.... thankfully I caught it before it caused another $7000 in damage!! After a bit of a fit from me they agreed to just send out a new one... Lord help me if that one breaks too--- watch out GE!!!

Well I think we are just about up to date now! Hope you all had a fantastic new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment