Thursday, February 18, 2010

Embryo update

Well I got the call today and here is where we are :)

8 embryos are 4-5 cells and are A-B grade- These little guys are who I am pulling for to bring us home a baby

12 embryos are still alive but they are a bit behind and are C-D grades (nurse kinda wrote these little ones off)

The good news is with this many we will be doing a 5 day transfer which will truly show us which embryo will give us the best shot (actually at this stage they will be called a blastocyst).

The bad news is I am having some mixed feelings... I am super happy I have 8 strong embryos but of course I was hoping for a few more. I just have to keep thinking positive, that this will be it for us, but it is just plain...........HARD.

Lets go with my good friend ratio/statistics.... (average) 20-25 % of fertilized eggs will have genetic capabilities to become babies, so theoretically I will only have approx 4 blast from my original 20--- so 8 is great.. but I still wanted more at this point, but in the end I really am only expecting 4. Hmmm maybe I am just an over-achiever, Pat must be rubbing off on me :) It only takes one I know..... hopefully it will be a grade A (like its father)

I will have another update tomorrow morning. Till then please keep my little "babies" in your prayers

~Heather

1 comment:

  1. honey...our 3 embrios where 2 2 cells and 1 4 cell on day 2....and they were all 6 cells on day three...so i do agree anything can happen!!

    and I too agree that sometime I wish I didnt know this stuff so I would worry.....uggg

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete