Monday, February 15, 2010

IVF #2 Post 8

Ahhhhhhhh so nervous about tomorrow. Last night the trigger shot went great (mother-in-law is a pro). I tested to make sure it went in fine. Since its the most important one, I like to be certain and because it is the pregnancy hormone, HCG, it will make you test positive on a pregnancy test.... the only time I have ever gotten a positive pregnancy test is from one of these shots---sadly--- although hopefully not for long :)

Today was a nice break from the shots, its the only day during any IVF cycle you get no meds and no shots. Tomorrow night I start progesterone, it helps to support a pregnancy. They are intramuscular shots so I can't give them to myself, either Pat or his mom does it and anyone who has done a cycle before with these will tell you they are the WORST & for sure no fun.

I am ready for these puppies to come out! I try not to complain because it is for a good cause but my goodness is it uncomfortable. And of course my lingering thought is about my E2--its just too high and I know after thy remove the eggs its going to get worse, its the name of the game I suppose.

We will be leaving the house at 5:55 am to get to Tampa.. the one good thing about being allergic to latex is you always get to be the first surgery patient. The surgeon is nice and fresh................... or maybe just warming up?? I will go with nice and fresh for the day.

I am really hoping some of my smaller follicles caught up and we get a few more retrieved. I will let you know when I get home!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment