Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bedrest.....

So Dr apt yesterday was..... kinda crappy. We are very lucky the boys are doing great but my body is not cooperating.

My cervix has gone down by over a centimeter in less then two weeks (there are only about 3 to work with). So on Tuesday I go in for a cervical cerclage, basically means they are going to stitch it closed and hope to keep my babies from coming early. With this they also throw in a side of bedrest :(

Obviously I knew bedrest was coming.... in about 8 weeks... but I was just not prepared to go this early. This will make my bedrest total of 19-20 weeks!!! That's a long time...

I will do anything I can to keep these little babies healthy but it still was a bit of a downer. I am not sure yet if I can make my FL trip (I promised my Dr if he let me I will do bedrest once I got there) I was really looking forward to it but the babies come first. I will know more on Tuesday after my procedure. He said he will be "very aggressive" with the stitching so he will let me know for sure then.

I will keep you posted... for now I am laying down...and will be for .......months.........

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment