Monday, May 31, 2010

17 Weeks!!



Every time I type that number in the subject line I get excited...the babies are one week older, one week bigger and one week stronger... of course and one week closer to meeting their mommy and daddy :)

Today's report... they are approximately 5 inches from head to rump, weighing in at about 5oz and are about the size of a large onion.... Onion?? I guess they ran out of fruit this week to compare them to :)

I was pretty happy... after my scale scare last week (holy cow 18 lbs so far)... my bump doesn't look too much bigger since last weeks picture, although........I am sure I will have lots of "growth spurts" along the way. My Dr. likes to see 24 lbs by 24 weeks so looks like I am on target for that goal!!! Losing weight in a certain time frame= hard. Gaining weight in a certain time frame= much easier hahaha

So tomorrow is the big cerclage day... I am SCARED to death of the spinal/epidural..... I have had more medical procedure and surgeries then I can count and nothing has ever made me more nervous then a needle in the back... now I have no problem with needles at all... but the idea of one in the back gives me chills... UGH!!! I will keep you posted!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment