Saturday, May 29, 2010

Warning this may be TMI :)

So I wasn't going to post about this little issue because who wants the world to read however I think exhausted my father on this topic :) My poor Dad hears it all!!!! And since NO ONE ever warned me about it before becoming pregnant I figure I will get this out in the open and let you upcoming "mommies" know this wonderful unspoken little side effect of your "miracle".

Too most people "poo" is a natural thing that happens on a consistent daily basis... not for me.. I have never been very good at this........... however since being pregnant this has become a torturous event...

A few weeks back mt Dr. put me on extra iron and folic acid, pretty common especially with twins. I figured it may cause a few concerns down there but I just kind of went with it in.... the 1st time after the new meds started was HORRIBLE!!!! So bad I broke into a sweat, cried, bleed and finally BROKE the toilet..... Poor Pat was not thrilled about fixing it.....

I was sooooo damaged "down there" it hurt to sit and even going peepee made me bleed all over again.... I called the Dr. and started Colace to help, 1-2 a day.

Next time it was the same story all over, broke a sweat, cried, took a walk to "work it out" bleed horrible and BROKE the toliet again (different toilet). Happened to be I had a Dr. apt that day so I went in not realizing I was talking to the ultrasound girl and not the Dr. I spilled everything cried and told her I was bleeding sore, I broke two toliets and need HELP. She laughed.... not being rude I think she was just surprised. When I got to the Dr she told me to increase the Colace to 3 a day.....

Next time, I broke the toilet again, bleed again... I am telling you its BAD!!! Pat told me if we ever have a divorce it will read "I don't like fixing the toilets from her poo" I tried to tell him to think about it.... if it is bad enough to BREAK the toilet think of how I feel having to deal with it?!?!?!?

So this brings me to this week... before I went to the Dr. it happened again... I had to go get a cold compress and bleed all over the place, and of course for the 4th time broke the toilet.

I told the Dr. "I am not sure if you guys understand.... this is REALLY bad" and I shed a tear or two. So he has now added 6 fiber pills a day along with the Colace.... we'll see if it helps. I am sooooo afraid of going to the bathroom its not even funny. It still is uncomfortable to sit and I still bleed from there if I go peepee.....

I have encountered lots of other women that suffer like this while pregnant, a friend of mine had to go to the ER for it. I understand it is not best topic of conversation however some warnings from some of you previous mommas would have been helpful.... Just saying :) :) :)

~Heather

4 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Heather! Have you tried Probiotic yogurt? It helps "regulate" your digestive system. Stonybrook Farms makes some and there is a yogurt drink called Kefir, both in the organic section of the grocer. It may help...I give Sammy the yogurt because he had the same problem...well maybe not the same- but bad trouble pooping.
    Good luck.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey prettygirl,

    kashi cereal...flax seed honey something works...reading ur story is like reading mine...but not pregnant I still have 2 hemroids as my badges of honor..hahhahaha

    the cereal works really good. i eat it like snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies!! I will send Pat to the store tomorrow to pick up the yogurt and cereal, at this point I will try anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had that same problem when I was pregnant with David. Unfortunately, WAY BACK THEN, they didn't have the Organic Yogurt & cereal they have today, so I was told to eat lots of fiber, prunes (I REFUSED), and ruffage. Long story short, I had to wait until after he was born for it to get back to normal, but I have heard that the Kashi works wonders! Let me know....I feel your pain! xoxo

    ReplyDelete