Saturday, May 29, 2010

Getting Started

So yesterday bearing the news from the Dr. I began to focus on what I need to begin doing and what needs to get done prior to this bedrest stuff.

I started Friday afternoon off by going to see Sex and the City 2... I figured as long as I was sitting with my feet up it would be very similar to being at home, plus I have been waiting and waiting for this movie (a chick flick with great shoes and clothes, if you see this movie make a note of the first pair of shoes they show Carrie wearing...they SCREAM my name) and right after I would go home and be back in bed.... Of course now I see I probably should not have gone but one last event I figured would be ok.... unfortunately the entire movie I worried and worried and worried that I made a bad choice, so much so that I had a hard time enjoying it. I got a phone call from my mom right after I got in the car and she gave me the third degree on how I was to be in bed, which of course made me feel even worse :( So no more of those shenanigans..........all the other things I wanted to do this weekend I canceled :( I was never much of a rule breaker, you can ask my husband or my parents, I can not lie/fib to save my life, even fun birthday surprises, I can't bring them up because I get so excited and its too hard to hide the truth.

Next up was making the list of things to put in an emergency hospital stay bag. Seems to be from the research I have done when you get a cerclage this early with twins most moms end up on hospital bedrest at some point.... by all means I hope this doesn't happen but I figure better to be prepared, if I don't use it before I can use it when I go to the hospital for the delivery :)

And in true Heather fashion I wanted to get my hair done........ even just sitting around in bed a girl has to have good hair, especially since I am sure I am not seeing alot of makeup in my future... I only wanted a trim, but it looks like this will have to wait, I am just too nervous that getting up or doing anything will hurt my boys in some way..... it will be ok, 5 months of ponytails...

I got the call from the hospital today to do my pre-registration. The nurse was great and she volunteered some info on my Dr., she said he was the best they have there and I am lucky to have him as my surgeon :) :) :) That is a relief... if he was bad I am sure she just wouldn't of said anything so I took this as a great sign.

The hardest part of getting ready for bedrest is actually getting Pat ready. He is wonderful and does a great job at supporting our family but shopping, laundry and cooking are pretty new to him... any one who knew Pat before we met would tell you the man lived on hard boiled eggs, protein shakes and oatmeal but he has been pretty spoiled the last few years. He is doing good so far for cooking, not necessarily the way I like to have things done but nonetheless he is doing great and everything is edible... For shopping thats another story.... I gave him my list and he said "you don't need shampoo I will give you some hotel ones to take with you, you don't need any lotion I will give you the hotel samples" REALLY???? I can't have a $2 bottle of normal shampoo so my hair doesn't end in a big knot? And as far as laundry when he came home yesterday he was actually upset I didn't iron his shirts... he told me " you can just pull up the board to the side of the bed and iron there".... so needless to say we have some work to do, but we are on the right track :)

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment