Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Scary Day!!!!

Oh my what a day..... Starts off fantastic, guys are at the house installing new floors downstairs, my sweet friend Lisa sent me a surprise package in the mail and I was on my way to calm my most recent pregnancy craving at Wendy's... so I stop at CVS on the way, get out of the car and I am doubled over in pain.... I am thinking I can walk it off.... grab my vitamins I went there for and with every step its worse. I grab my food for some reason thinking it may help (good thing I did because it was my last meal for the day) get home and about die going upstairs to my bedroom to lay down. When I laid down I felt pretty ok, got up about an hour later to go to the little girls room and I am in horrible pain. Called Pat then the Dr and they said they would call me back ASAP.... two painful hours later they send me to the ER...

Ok... great hospital love the staff, however, parking there when you are in pain........... CRAP!!! I had to park in the parking garage walk across the pedestrian tunnel down the elevator and across into another building... so by the time I get inside I look like a complete IDIOT because I can't even talk to tell the nurses why I was there I was just gasping and crying... finally get all settled and am laying back in the hospital bed and again feeling fine... they send me to the potty to get a pee pee sample and the walk there has me in tears... its crazy bad pain.

The good news is the babies are fine, my sweet calm Baby A was his typical self, just chilling in there as Baby B, was his typical self, practicing for the Olympics kicking, bobbing, stretching, flipping around... pretty cute... and yes they are both still boys :)

They got all of my bloodwork/pee pee tests and the ultra sound of my ovaries etc back and everything checked out fine.... they have no reason for all of this pain... possibly from my adhesion's from all of my surgery scarring, so they wanted to admit me for observation.. I figured since I had an early apt tomorrow anyway I would just rather sleep in my own bed (sorry Mom and Dad I was a bad girl and didn't listen to you loving advice) I got out of bed to walk out of the building, doubled over in pain needed a wheel chair to get to the car.... Hopefully I can sleep some of this off and maybe get some answers tomorrow.

I can truly say this was the most terrifying thing I have ever been through. It is amazing how much you love these little babies even before they are born. Driving to the hospital by myself not knowing if they were ok was heartbreaking, I would have done anything to be sure these little ones made it. Something happened through this whole ordeal, I think I am beginning to understand what been a mom really feels like... The worries, the fears and the unconditional love. I thought I was nervous with my first scare when I had the bleed at 6weeks... that was nothing. At that point I knew I was pregnant but that was all... I prayed that I had at least one baby in there and the bleeding would stop... thankfully it did and I had two babies. Now its just so different, I have bonded with them, watched them grow from these little blobs to these tiny little babies, I can see their faces, hands and feet, they have little personalities and names and most important a family that loves them. Not just Pat and I as parents but a whole family, although they were far away they all were right there with us checking in on them tonight, they are all of our boys and they are my sons....

I go back tomorrow and will update when I can.

~Heather

1 comment:

  1. Oh Heather....I am so sorry for this terrible scare. I know how deeply attached you are to your sweet babes, and it only gets worse too. (Or better I guess!) I know how much love can be felt and I am crying just imagining your fear.
    My prayers are with you three... although I know you'll be fine.
    Please keep us posted and take it easy!
    Hugs to you...
    Jen

    ReplyDelete