Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Todays update....

Well, there wasn't much of an update. Go figure LOL

I got to the hospital at 7:15 am got all checked in, changed into the hospital gown got an IV and then the surgical staff started to visit...... The anesthesia nurse started talked to me about my blood thinners, asking when the last time I took it etc and got really concerned when I told her it was the evening before......... let me back up by saying when the nurse called on Saturday to go over the pre-op instructions this came up and she told me to continue them, so I did........... so she then informed me that they could no longer do a spinal/epidural. Not gonna lie I was pretty happy at the thought of avoiding that bad boy until the rest of the news slowly came in... The anesthesia Dr came by next and went over the issue and his thought was they would either admit me and do it in the evening, or the could do it under general. So of course I asked if general was safe for the babies and the nurse in the back scrunched her face with "UH OH" written all over it and he said, "well yes but of course there are risks, I will talk to your surgeon and get back to you" then the other nurse looks at me and says "are you nervous now???" Um seriously!?!?!?! Yes I was very nervous! She leaves and I am sitting and sitting and sitting there all by myself, all kinds of crazy things racing through my head and finally begged a nurse to bring Pat back....

So he comes in all smiles asking if I was ready to go and I filled him in and got this for an answer.... "Seriously Heather!!! Why are you always a problem???" and then he laughed at me... Gotta love him, doesn't he just warm your heart LOL

So like an hour later the Dr. comes in and tells us we are going to reschedule, she was a little concerned with the anesthesia but mostly worried about me bleeding... she has a heavy foreign accent "oh no risks, too risky no no no we must wait" but she was able to get me in tomorrow which is fine. We were very fortunate Pat was able to work his schedule around it and be there with me tomorrow as well... I am sure he will have lots of wonderful supportive things to say to me then hahahaha We were left there at 10:25, over 3 hours, to turn around and do it all tomorrow :)

The only difference is instead of my original surgeon, who happens to run the entire practice I will have my little foreign Dr. I spoke to today... all the Dr's in the practice have great reputations so I know we will be in good hands.

I have to admit even though it was a bit of a bummer to wait a day (make myself worry all over again) I was happy the Dr's there like to be conservation and cautious and really made sure both the babies and I will be safe and taken care of :)

I will keep you posted on our progress tomorrow!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment