Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bed.....

Obviously I have LOTS of time on my hands nowadays so I am always finding new websites to waste time on or cruising through sites I visit on a regular basis....

So its 11:00 pm and Pat is sleeping so I decide to visit one of my twin pregnancy sites. The boards on there aren't too busy so I don't visit that one too often... I get there and I am lurking through the posts and I find a new one titled "bed"............ hmmm... so I check it out.

I am dying as I am reading it.... So this poor girl 24 weeks pregnant (obviously pretty large at this point) and was really worried because she can't get out of bed on her own... her husband every morning comes to her side and helps lift her out and help her to her feet... the problem is that he has to go out of town for work for a few weeks and she is REALLY nervous about getting stuck in her bed....

So at first I am like.... really??? Really how bad could this be???? So I start reading through the responses.... I guess pretty bad because there are14 of them... 14 different strategies for getting your pregnant butt out of bed from other twin mommas.. So maybe it can be a real problem??? Not sure, but I literally was laughing out loud... of course this is me now thinking its hysterical, maybe 4 weeks from now I won't find it as funny hahahaha

My personal favorites:

"When I was pregnant I tied a rope to my nightstand and another rope to my dresser so I could grab the end and pull myself out of bed"

"Don't worry about getting out of bed... be sure to stick to showers while he's gone because you don't want to get stuck in the bath tub like I did"

There were a few others that were note worthy, one suggesting to sleep in a recliner chair so you can "propel" yourself up when its morning... another that suggested putting a regular chair next to the bed so you could have some leverage and then a place to "sit and rest" after you manage to get up....

Now my question is.... does this getting out of bed become an issue for all pregnant ladies or is more of a twin problem???

I am still fully able to get out of bed on my own (thank goodness) but latelyI have been feeling like my boobies were inching their way up to my neck, either they are moving up or my new found double chin is on its way down to meet them, or they are meeting somewhere in the midde.... whichever way I feel a bit strangled... so I was messing with my sports bra tonight (I find these to be the best at wrestling them back in place and flatten them out) while Pat was making dinner and he says "you are home all day by yourself why don't you just take off your bra" and I look at him and try to come up with some clever excuse... I come up with nothing so I tell him the truth... "because if I don't wear a bra my boobs now sit on my belly and it totally grosses me out" and his answer... promise if he had been standing closer I may have slapped him... "well thats because you now have national geographic boobs"...... I love him..... no really I do.....

~Heather

2 comments:

  1. I read that if you don't wear a bra during pregnancy then your boobs will sag afterward. because of this I wear a bra all the time. One site said you should even wear a sports bra when you are sleeping. I can't do that yet but I may have to later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie :) I wear mine to sleep as well... I guess its a double bonus it will keep them perky and keep me from being grossed out LOL

    ReplyDelete