Monday, June 21, 2010

Random...

So I have really avoided looking at my rear view... pretty much since I got pregnant.. I like to think my weight is all in my belly, because of course that is where its supposed to go right???? So a few weeks back when my sweet husband who always knows just what to say to make me feel beautiful...... (RIGHT!!!)..... mentioned that my butt had gotten bigger.... immediately of course trying to take it back... so the next day when I was all by myself I got out my trusty little hand mirror and took a look.... sure enough he was right... it had gotten bigger, in case you were wondering, no I didn't tell him he was right. So I called my friend Corinne who unlike my husband ALWAYS knows what to say, she assured me not to worry... it will go back....

So spring ahead a few weeks.... my dad was sitting in the bathroom with me while I was doing my hair.... there is a small bench seat directly behind my sink/mirror and here is what he says...

"you know the old wives tale about how your carrying? You know.... the way you are gaining weight?"

and I answer...

"yep, if you carry girls, you gain weight in your belly and if you are carrying a boy you gain in your butt..."

He replies....

"yep... that sure is true for you...." and then he laughs at himself because he thought that was just HYSTERICAL!!!! Right!!!

They do say you you marry a man just like your father....

I had not looked at my butt since that first meeting with my hand held mirror... had no intentions too... until this weekend...

I was getting ready for bed and I was standing in my underwear... and no I have not switched to maternity underwear... and for the record I have no intentions to :) ... so I was minding my own business when my sweet hubby just had to mention again the state of my behind... "hahaha ya your butt is getting bigger hahaha" Yep... really funny so I waited till he went in the potty and I grabbed my mirror and he caught me mid view... of course after that he felt bad and tried to tell me it wasn't that bad....

I went to get into my pj's and since he has been in charge of laundry, my pj supply is very dwindled... So I dig and dig in my drawer and find some old shorts that I was never able to wear because they were to big... I am thinking "perfect" so I slide them on and they are.... to small :( So small I was brave enough to take the rear view back to the mirror and the site was so awful I threw them away.....

Awe the joys of pregnancy :) It will go back.... sometime after October..Right? RIGHT?????

The good news is yesterday Pat drove me down to our community pool so we could sit outside and read for a bit... I can't swim because of my cerclage but it was nice to be outside.. So while we were there another couple came in.. the husband pretty muscular and in good shape the wife... pregnant :) So Pat and I were checking them out, we are big people watchers... he looks at me and says.. "are my arms bigger then his arms" and I told him they were, my hubby has nice arms :) So I look at her and ask Pat "am I smaller then she is???" hahaha he said I was... maybe making up for telling me I had a big butt the day before but I am thinking he was telling the truth, the man can't lie to save his life.... I found out she is due within a week from me with a little girl...only one baby, she is bigger hahahaha ... Pat and I were laughing at ourselves, he likes to be bigger and of course I was happy to be smaller :)

~Heather

PS So if yo notice in my more recent belly shots my shirts are fighting me a bit on covering the ole belly... they are called Long and Lean, by Mossimo, I love them, wear them all the time.. however no longer am I long or lean so I think they are revolting against me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment