Monday, June 7, 2010

Finally!!!

So after some nudging from some of my wonderful girlfriends I went to post an update yesterday and the site was down, I checked thirty minutes later and then another thirty min.... all the way until 1:00 AM and nothing.. Started today and same thing all the way until now at 6:30 pm... Oh well I guess you can't complain, its a free sight hahahaha

So for my procedure.... We got there at 7:15 am, and they couldn't find my file... I was like "I was just here less then 24 hrs ago and it was right across the hallway???" Anyway got settled in about 10:00.... yep over 2 1/2 hours later, got my IV and then they started talking about the spinal... I was sooooooo nervous about the spinal I couldn't not stop shaking. But I was really lucky the staff at this hospital was really fantastic and very comforting... Right before they got started they checked the boys heart rates and they were 160 and 150, doing great :) After the spinal the rest was pretty smooth sailing. It was over in about 20 minutes and the Dr. told us it couldn't have gone any better... before I left the operating room they checked the little ones again and their heart rates were still exactly the same at 160 and 150.

It was kind of funny, as the nurses would find out there are twins in my belly they would get all excited and ask all kinds of questions and then pass the info along as the next nurse would come into the room and it started all over... in recovery (at this point it was after 2:00 and I had no breakfast or lunch) the nurse was like "Oh honey you are eating for three you must be starving" and brought me one of every flavor of cookie and cracker they had... of course I wasn't complaining :)

The really cool part was my recovery area and the recovery area for labor and delivery C-Sections were right across from each other so I got to see little tiny babies while I was waiting :) The one mom directly across saw her baby for the first time in recovery and she cried and wiped tears off her cheeks... and I cried right along with her :)

Over all I felt pretty good that day but I was just really really tired... the next day however I was really sore.... not exactly where I expected to be sore (you know.... down ... there) but my back from the spinal was horrible and achy. It probably didn't help that I am not really mobile right now anyway... but now that its been a few days I am as good as new.

I can for sure tell when I have stood to long or done too much because the pressure and little shooting pains are a big tell tale sign its time to take it easy.... I am being strict and following Dr's orders, but it happens in the time to take a shower or grab a bowl of cereal sometimes and I just relax and lay down and usually within minutes I feel much better.

On one of my online groups someone posted a link to site about I.C. (incompetent cervix- the technical name for my issue) and I checked it out as I was waiting for this site to be up and running yesterday. OH MY... the tone of the site is a positive one but most of those woman didn't know they had I.C. until a late term loss (16-24 weeks) in a previous pregnancy and knowing it now they are having the cerclage in their following pregnancies.... I can only say at that point how much I am thankful for my Dr's and the practice for being so pro-active in my care so I didn't have to go through such a terrible loss. We are so lucky to have caught this so early.... I am thankful every day to have found such a great practice and I know we are in really great hands :)

I go tomorrow for my follow up and I will keep you posted!!!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment