Friday, July 23, 2010

Awe ...a very special day...

Its the anniversary of when Pat & I started dating!!! Four years ago we had our very first date.... For those of you who already know our "story" feel free to skip this post :)

After a little push from my dear friend Tammi, I had signed up for Match.com. After a few days of receiving crazy emails from some crazy people, I started browsing through the profiles myself and came across CountryPat... He had a profile picture that stood out from all of the rest........ It was him, cowboy hat, sunglasses, beer in hand, and in true Pat fashion, no shirt ...with the biggest smile ever. I loved that it was different but I had no idea that picture was SOOOOOO PAT until later.... His profile was funny and charming and I just had to contact him... of course still wanting to be "chased" like most woman do, I sent him a quick wink to let him know I was interested and hoped he liked my profile enough to send me an email.... as you can tell from how things have worked out... he did :)

After emailing back and forth for a few weeks we had one quick phone call to set up our first real date. We were meeting at a local restaurant right on the beach called Frenchy's.... and for once I was EARLY... so I am setting in my car talking to my brother on the phone passing some time and I see this guy... looking very similar to CountryPat, I will call him the "impostor". Impostor Pat was like the typical online dating story where someone goes in thinking they are going to meet one person and then finds out the profile picture just was 10 years old, the person is 10 inches shorter, 100 lbs heaver, maybe even of someone else, or just all around just not what you were expecting...... I told my brother "oh boy, this is going to be a quick date I'll call you in 30 minutes when its over..." So I am still assuming that was the guy, I start walking up to meet him, and there on the porch to the restaurant I see the real CountyPat who might I add was absolutely adorable. He pushed up the sleeves to his shirt (now I know he does this when he is nervous) and gave me the big ole Pat smile......... and I was pretty smitten from the start (sorry Impostor Pat, but you had nothing on the real deal) We had a great first date, talked and talked and he left to go watch Family Guy (thats a whole different story) and I got a parking ticket :)

We have been happily together ever since. I have been truly blessed with a fantastic husband who is as much devoted to me as I am to him, and of course through our relationship and marriage I have inherited an amazing family. I have the best mother in law any one could ask for, two beautiful and sweet sister in laws, 2 great brother in laws, 3 handsome nephew's and 2 adorable nieces.... not to mention the awesome extended family, who have all welcomed me into their lives and family with open arms. Jamison and Weston are so lucky to have you all!!!

Happy Anniversary Pat!! The last 4 years have been the best of my life and I can only assume they will get even better as we start on the amazing journey ahead of us :)

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment