Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I learned the hard way.......

Ok... to all of the yet to be pregnant ladies let me save you some heartache.... WHATEVER you do...

DO NOT LOOK AT YOUR PRE-PREGNANCY PICTURES until after you have returned to pre-pregnancy size.

My computer was running so slow today I decided to get rid of old junk stored on it to try and free up some space, figuring that would get this computer running with a little pep. I eventually mosey over to my picture files knowing I have tons of oldies from things I have sold on Craigslist, old craft projects, just random odds and ends I don't need anymore.

I like to reminisce, look through old pictures and remember the warm and fuzzy feelings when they were taken or the fun things we were doing.... and there I was looking at myself when I had cheekbones, one chin and a flat tummy.... ok so at that point I was feeling a little sorry for myself and my 30 pound weight gain......... and then I came across our most recent cruise pictures taken late last year.... I was in a bikini.... I won't lie, I fought back a few tears...

I think most of this is due to the fear of reading the scale tomorrow at my appointment. I know weight gain is part of carrying babies... more so with twins... but I am one to enjoy exercising and I have always just pictured myself walking and exercising through my pregnancy with a nice normal weight gain keeping everything easy to pop back after the baby(babies) came. So this 5 months of inactive, sitting here, having a huge spread in the old behind was not what I had in mind. I know I will work this off when I am done baking my babies... but I also know it took months for my body to get this way so I know it will take a few months to get back to where I was before.

Most people will say that I shouldn't worry about this stuff and that it doesn't matter... but I have always had issues with my body image and my weight and having dealt with that pretty much my whole life, not being in control of this has been a big adjustment. I eat well and do the best I can for the boys and I am on target for what the Dr's want so over all we are doing awesome... I just can't look at any more of those pictures.. until I look like that again :)

I will give more updates after my appointment tomorrow!!
~Heather

3 comments:

  1. I love how you look..you so stinking pretty it would take aloooot more 30lbs to hurt your cuteness..are planning on nursing...because that helps sooooo much!
    btw ur like pretty much every other pregnant person not liking how big they got...

    but ur beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Cassie you are too sweet!!! I am a breast feeding hopeful, as long as I can I will :) Fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto to that! You are glowing and growing (as you should)! Not to worry...there will be plenty of time to get the b4babybody back. Just try as much as you can to enjoy this time in your life because it truly is a unique experience. Just wish it was a more comfortable one for you!! Thinking of you both and a very happy belated anniversary to you and CountryPat! Cute story!

    ReplyDelete