Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pool...

Today was soooo nice out. Well HOT but nice so Pat and I decided to go to our community pool... now before I get in trouble for obviously leaving the couch please note: 1) Pat drove us there and dropped my at the gate so I merely had to walk to the lounge chair and 2) I did not swim (can't with my cerclage) I laid on the lounge chair and read my book just like I would be doing on my couch :) However just the slight change in scenery along with some sunshine did wonders for my mood......... if you would ask Pat he would probably tell you has not been all that pleasant lately......

This was only our second trip to the pool since living here and last time I wore shorts and a tank because I wasn't swimming and my maternity swim suit I thought was HUGE.... I was like "well I won't be using this thing at all, there is no way I will ever fit in it"... As you can probably guess where I am going with this..... fit great today... UGH!! The only thing better was when Pat took a look at me in it and said "remember when you said that it was never going to fit............." yes Dear. I DO remember..... but I proudly rocked my mu mu suit, my huge butt and belly at the pool :)

In other news I had my first physical therapy appointment on Friday... for sure not what I was expecting but it was good I guess. We did a few back exercises (completely safe ones for my condition), some electricity pad treatment, and some light massage... sent home with homework that Pat is to rub my problem area 2 times a day for a minimum of 5 minutes... now that is my kind of homework :) Best part of the appointment... my Dr told me "well you are in really good shape" hahahaha!!! I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants and of course I said "I have gained 31 pounds...." and she went on to tell me that with twins I am doing excellent!!! Now that was worth my $25 copay for sure!!! I go back Thursday and I think I will be there once a week till the babies come... she also is going to set me up a little electricity machine for me to use at home so I am hoping with all of this I can start to have some sort of relief with the back pain.

Now back to my moodiness.. I have had quite the pity party for myself this week... and of course being the only person around, Pat was invited.... well him and a few weeping calls to my Daddy.... I think it was a combo of everything... completely bored out of my mind on bedrest, totally hormonal, realizing I still have about 12 weeks left sitting here staring at the wall, and then realizing OMG that is 3 months!!!!, being super sore, and more then anything super sad missing my friends and family in FL... I think I cried for pretty much two days strait. Its not that I dislike VA its that I can't get out and meet people or see or do anything, I am usually on the go all the time and a big people person so not having any friends or family here to just stop by, it is ROUGH and I was a wee bit lonely.... Pat works really long days and goes to bed early so as happy as I am to see him when he does get here, we usually only see each other about 2 hours before he goes to bed, and in that time we eat dinner, he does poopoo duty for Maggie and takes a shower, its just not alot of time when he is the only person I see... but I will make it... and when the pregnancy part is over, I will have plenty of time to be super busy.... with my boys!!! I always try to tell myself... its not that bad, we have so much to be thankful for, it could be much worse... but it is still not always easy.

However.......speaking of the boys........ TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!! Viability baby!!! Big milestone!!!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment