Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday 10/1/10

Can you believe its October already??? Its funny when I was pregnant time was crawling by and now that the boys are here its flying.

Today was pretty darn similar to yesterday. Jamison had a great day, no spells for me or his nurse thank goodness although tonights nurse wasn't as warm and fuzzy... she gave him a bath so she decided to just put his feeding in the tube instead of giving him a bottle.... ugh so frustrating, I am sure it was a time issue since she didn't even try to start him with the bottle. He has been doing so well they were talking about taking it out and now this one feeding in his tube will set him back a few days... laziness makes me crazy.

My little guy Weston was giving me more gray hair.... and making his daddy loose a few. After each feeding today he had repeats of yesterdays events....... AWFUL :( The only good thing is I have been asking about possibility of reflux causing this and they are starting to agree this may be the cause. His day time nurse (Patsy) was pretty certain thats what is going on as well so she was helping me be a little advocate for him ... poor peanut. He likes to eat and does a good job, its just what happens after. When Patsy heard the speech people were coming she kind of rolled her eyes like "that is not his problem". It makes sense because they just started really increasing his food and now his tummy is getting full. I have been doing so much research (thank you google) on all of this stuff and it kind of explains everything.... the tummy gets full, the acid rises...when the baby is in pain they naturally clench down... this causing drops in heart rate and oxygen... Tomorrow during the Dr. rounds I am going to put my foot down (throw a tantrum if needed) until the Dr. at least agrees to try him on some medication to see if it helps... I can't stand the thought of him hurting all the time :(

Oh Patsy was pretty hysterical... she kept saying how she doesn't have favorites but..... she loved that Weston was such a snuggler, I guess he fell asleep on her chest... He also had a visit from the nurse who had him often when he was downstairs. She said she saw they moved him and she wanted to come by and sneek a peak in case he goes home before she gets back from her vacation (going on a long cruise). I am thinking I may have a ladies man on my hands :)

Its so funny how their little personalities are coming out. Jamison is just so so so mellow and sleepy all the time, he is asleep through all of his feedings, diaper changes, pretty much everything.. I try to wake him up but I very rarely see him with his eyes open. Weston is almost always alert and awake and checking things out, he looks for your voice if you talk to him like he doesn't want to miss out on anything. They are both so sweet if I do say so myself............ although I may be biased :)

I did go to the NICU support group today. It was different then I expected but still nice. Two families there had VERY early babies, one born at 23 weeks (has been there now for 13 weeks) and the other born at 24 weeks (has been there for 12) I can't even imagine... I am so thankful for my Dr.'s being so cautious with my pregnancy. The boys were early and obviously have some things to overcome, but it could have been much much sooner, for that I am truly grateful.

Back to the boys...we did get some weight updates tonight... I can't believe how much they have grown in such a short time :)

Jamison 4 lbs 13.6 oz
Weston 3 lbs 14.6 oz

Tomorrow Pat and I are hitting a big consignment sale put on by the twin group we belong too. We have to be there early because from what I hear they have a huge turnout, so after that we are off to visit the boys... can't wait to see their sweet little faces and get to give them some nice big hugs... my Mini-Pats!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment