Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday 10/30

Well tomorrow is Halloween... and as you know Weston didn't make it home in time for his first holiday... BUT...... he will be home for the next one............ he will most likely even be home before celebrating one more weekend in the hospital!!!!

It has been a great week for him which I would have loved to update you all on sooner except some jerk (I have a few other choice words for this person however I will keep it clean for the kiddies) hacked my computer, gave me a virus and sent out emails from my account. It STINKS. I was so worried because every picture I have taken of the boys was on there and I was so upset thinking I would loose them but my hero... I mean my husband... will be able to get them back for us, but our computer is still shot (thanks mom for letting me use yours). I guess the light at the end of the tunnel is Pat was getting me a new one for Christmas anyway, I just maybe getting my present a bit early this year :)

On my last post Weston had just barely broke 5lbs, next night he was 5 lbs 3oz, the next 5lbs 5oz and last night 5 lbs 6.5oz!!!! He is really filling out his cheeks :) The best part was with the added chunk he is finally able to maintain his temperature and is in an open crib!!!! All in just 3 days!!! I am so proud of my baby, this was tough for him but he must have decided he was done and ready to come home...either that or he heard how much Jamison is getting spoiled and wanted in on the action......or maybe he was afraid of all the new parents screw ups we would have and he wanted all of the kinks worked out on his brother :) He is still having some spells but they have been quick and he has been able to fix himself which is a big step although I was still thinking he needed to go a few days with none before they would start talking about him coming home.... I was wrong (and I don't admit that often... ask Pat hahaha)

Today when we went for our visit with the little guy our Dr came by and said...

"well he is eating great, gaining weight, maintaining his temp... looks like its time to start thinking about sending him home"

I was so surprised. The Dr. isn't concerned about his spells since they are so brief so all he has left are his circumcision which will be done tomorrow, car seat challenge probably Monday and as long as nothing crazy happens baby Weston will be home with his family Monday or Tuesday!!! Our family will finally be complete. Honestly just typing that brings tears to my eyes. It has been such a long road and I want nothing more then to see my babies together, hold them together, let them play together and just be together.

Jamison has been doing great, eating like a champ (minus the fact if you give him formula like we are supposed to twice a day he WILL NOT eat it unless its mixed with breast milk, he hates it... not that I can blame him, I tasted it and it taste worse then it smells... which is hard to believe)... however he MUST work on this "hold me or I cry" business. Maybe he is trying to soak up every bit of attention possible before his brother gets here..... which will be quite the adjustment for him since now we all fight over who gets to hold him (so maybe its more our fault then his..). In the middle of the night (still asleep) he will scream, you barely lift his butt off the mattress before he stops, eyes still closed, if you dare attempt to put him back down you will be sorry... 10 seconds or less he is back to screaming... Mamma is going to start baby boot camp for this little one :) He is so darn cute though.... that makes him one of two people who can wake me up in the middle of the night playing these little games and get hugs and kisses instead of in trouble :)

I had to stop at Kohl's yesterday to do an exchange and right next to the service desk was all of the Christmas goodies. As I was waiting I was looking at the trees all lit up remembering this time last year.... I had just had my failed cycle, so sad I wasn't expecting during the holidays which is always that warm and fuzzy time of year. I remember beginning the medications at Christmas time for our second cycle of IVF so hopeful that this year we would be celebrating with our new baby. Now here we are 2010 coming to a close and we have not one but two beautiful healthy baby boys and I am still in awe of the whole thing. It was hard to get pregnant, hard staying pregnant, hard to see my babies in the NICU but it will never be hard to love them with all my heart and I would do it all over in a heartbeat.

When we pull away from that hospital with Weston in the car it will be an amazing day. We will be closing a big chapter as we begin a new one. We have spent a total of 14 weeks in this hospital. I have met some amazing people, nurses, doctors, and even other patients all which truly helped us get through each part of this journey. They kept all three of us healthy (me both physically and mentally there have been more days then I can count when a nurse would stop by and give me a hug or words of encouragement on particularly bad days) and I will forever be grateful of the care we received.

Thank you INOVA Fairfax!!!!

1 comment: