Saturday, October 30, 2010

2 Short Stories

I have been meaning to throw these into one of my posts but never found a place so I will just make one :)

The snugglers...

Pat and I noticed these ladies in blue jackets. They would come into the nursery pick up a baby, rock them, put them back, and leave without a word really to anyone. We also noticed it was typically always the same babies. Of course I started to wonder two things...

1) do the pick up my baby when I am not around?? Not that I would mind but I was curious..

2) do they not like my baby???

So I asked Patsy to give me the details..... Turns out they get "assigned" to babies whose parents don't visit often or they will "call in the snuggler" when a baby is being fussy since the nurses are typically too busy to just sit and rock the little people :) The only stipulation was baby had to already be in an open crib. Since I was there often and my Jamison was SOOOO good we never had a snuggler.... or so I thought.............

The day we came to pick up Jamsion I come around the corner and there he is... in a rocker with a lady in a blue coat....... when I hear nurse Patsy talking about Jamison "raising the roof" he cried so much that morning they had to call in the snuggler. hahahaha Best part is I guess this wasn't his first call down for the snuggler. I said "but he is always so good" and got the response "ya when you are here......" to which they all decided it was time for him to go home :)

The next day when we came back to visit Weston we said "wow its so quiet in here" and Patsy said "thats because all of the loud ones went home..." she started to name the loud babies when she slipped and said Jamison, I could hardly believe she was talking about our little Jamison.... now........ I BELIEVE!!!!!



Sir Poops-a-lot

Weston poops......... ALL THE TIME. Each diaper change and sometimes in between (which is why we thought about a possible food allergy). For such a small baby its ALOT of poop, you would be surprised... wouldn't be a problem but he STINKS, I mean really this kid can clear a room.

The other day we were there and I went to change his diaper and the nurse asked if I could put it in another room!! She said that when she had changed him earlier.....

"I almost threw up!!! It was terrible!!! The worst..."

When you think of how many baby's poopy diapers she has changed in her nursery career, and he is the WORST, that tells you something.

The other day his isolette was so bad from the poop smell being locked inside with my little poop machine they actually had to AIR IT OUT!!!! How many babies have they had to do that for in the past you ask???? NONE!!! He is by far the smelliest :) Really he must get this from his daddy :)

The latest was a new nurse who was assigned to him for the first time and I was getting ready to change his diaper and I mention to her it was a poopy... and say "he poops alot.." she said... "thats what I hear..." OMG I laughed. My baby isn't even out of the hospital and his reputation precedes him. So funny the other nurses warned her about the possible gagging involved in changing his behind.

He now has the nickname Sir Poops-A-Lot :)

2 comments:

  1. luv luv luv the snuggler story...

    and my brother changed my nieces diapers till 6 months..thats when they went from breast milk to formula and he said it went to smelling like poops to smells like death...he can handle alot so i believe him ...such tiny thing produce such yucky things...hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brielle's isolet had to be aired out a time or two when she was in the nicu. She smelled so bad when she pooped. the nurse and dr told me She was screaming so loud one day and then stopped then the alarms went off. They went over and she was holding her breath. they opened her bed and they said she was in a gas chamber. They said it was from the stuff the fortifided her feedings with. but it did not stop when she went off. Well I went off caffine and she stopped. I know what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete