Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thursday-Sunday 10/10/10

Funny writing the date today..... This was the date I wanted the boys to be born on, I thought it would be a really cool easy to remember birthday... they obviously had other plans :)

The last few days have been so great, Jamison and Weston both went days with no spells and are growing like weeds... Jamison 5 lbs 8oz Weston 4 lbs 10oz (and that was from a Friday so I am sure they are even bigger now). Weston is now up to eating almost as much as his brother (which also means I have been spending lots of quality time with my breast pump). With them having such good days, I have been having such great visits (so has their daddy of course).

We have had some company in town so we had a busy weekend (hence my slacking in the blog posts)... for a few highlights of the last few days..

- a few nice meals out
-walking around Old Town Alexandria
-Seeing the harbor
-getting some fancy cupcakes (can you say yummmy???)
-hitting the George Washington Masonic Memorial
-getting locked out of the house (4 adults, two sets of keys and we still managed this)
-Pat climbing a 6 foot fence, scaling a wall, ripping out a screen and pulling himself through a window..... barefoot
-getting a big piece of metal stuck in my tire, very flat, got a new one
-our 6 month old washing machine decided to start leaking....

But really it was a fun weekend.... and then..... this morning Pat came in (after going out to buy new screen and a new tire) and told me .....

"I just got a phone call and one of my friends is coming to spend the night tomorrow, its someone who will make you really happy... guess who???"

No I am not going to share who I guessed (um there may, or may not be some of his friends I like more then others hahahaha) and he finally told me.....

"Its Jamison"

I have to admit it took me a second to realize he was talking about the baby, I was like "I don't know any of your friends named Jamison..." And of course I was super excited!!! He just needed to pass his car seat challenge and have his circumcision.... well between the time they called and gave us the great news and the time we got there to bring the car seat for the test, he had a spell during his bottle :( It was short and he fixed himself (and really it was right after they worked on his little pee pee, can't blame him for not doing so great). So unfortunately it will be just a wee bit longer. The good news is he did pass the car seat test so he is all set when his Dr. gives the green light for him to come home.

I have to say I was pretty upset. I know its just a few more days but it has already been almost a month. I want my baby to start to know me as his mom and not just a nice lady who visits. He has had so many other nurses holding him and taking care of him and I feel like I missed alot.... I guess it does give his brother a few more days to catch up :) Although I think Weston had some sympathy pains or something, he had a spell today too... or maybe after seeing what they did to his brothers pee pee he wants to stay put awhile longer :)

I will try tomorrow to post some new pictures of the little munchkins and hopefully we will get a good timeline for when our little peanut can come home.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! So happy J might be coming home soon! I knew you had company so I didn't want to call to bug you, so give me a call when you have time between drives or something.

    I'm so jealous they got to see you guys this weekend!! Big hugs from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news re Jamison!!! Praise the LORD! \o/

    Blessings,

    BFK
    xxx

    ReplyDelete