Sunday, October 24, 2010

Updates :)

It has been a busy week between visiting with my parents, visiting Weston and of course spending time with my little Jamison.

Weston is doing ok.... he had a few good days with no spells and then the last few days he has had some bad ones :( They have increased how much he is eating (now they let him eat as much as he wants and this baby has a good appetite) from what they say sometimes after babies start to eat more their reflux gets a little worse till their body adjusts to the new amount... the reflux=more spells so hopefully in a few days he will be doing better. His temp is still all over the place so the Dr said he wanted to try him outside of the isolette, put him in a crib and cross our fingers to see how he does.... here is how it went...

We bundle him up

-long sleeve tshirt
-onesie
-sleeper
-hat
-swaddle sleep sack
-blanket

an hour later he is cold so they add

-a hot blanket from the warmer

a little later he is even colder so

he is back in the isolette :( I cried..... I know he should technically still be in my belly and he is doing well overall but this step back is just one more step away from my baby finally being home. He still has so many hurdles before we can even think about him coming home and UGH!!! He temp dropped so low so fast they are now re-testing his thyroid levels, really trying to come up with any reason his temp would be so unstable at this point. We are still not certain its not a food allergy at the root of all of his problems and they told us today they are going to go ahead and try taking him off of the formula totally (he was getting it 2 times a day and then they went to every other feeding trying to put weight on him) and going with fortifying breast milk with extra calories and seeing how that goes.

His weight has been up for a few days and then last night he had lost a tiny bit so now he is 4lbs 14oz, he will soon be 5 pounds and for some reason I am thinking that number maybe when he really gets moving in the right direction.

I know that they say babies don't understand much... and that may be true but Weston melted my heart the other day... and daddy was there to see it.

When we got there for our visit I walked over to his isolette and looked in, he was wide awake, I opened the little port hole and start saying hello, telling him I love him and all of the normal momma stuff and all of the sudden he picks up his little arm and sticks it out of the port hole (he has never done this before) so I let him grab my finger.... he squeezed tight and pulled it into his little bed and up to his face. OMG I loved it.... who knows what babies really understand but at that moment there is no doubt in my mind, he knew his mom was with him. I can't wait till he is home.......

Jamison is doing awesome taking 3 oz each bottle and now going almost 4 hours between feedings (more sleep for me yay!!!!!) He is a very good baby, very little fussing and he is super hugable and kissable :) We do tummy time every day and you would be surprised at how well this pint sized baby can hold himself and his head up.

Of course Pats mom is still here and she has been spoiling all of us. I honestly don't know what we would have done without her here.... I am sure I am making her crazy, you can say with the baby I am a bit more.... um...... picky??? But really she has been a huge help. Thanks Mom!!!

Hopefully I will have some good updates on our little Weston soon, at least I will get some new pictures up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment