Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday 10/26









Finally I have some time to post :) My sweet little Jamison is sleeping great at night and is on a pretty good schedule of up every 3-4 hours for a bottle.... the only little hiccup is he likes to cry and grunt while he is sleeping so every... like... 30 minutes (sometimes more) I am checking on him... this all adds up to a very tired momma, grandma and lately even Miss Maggie since we are all in the same room (as daddy sleeps nice and soundly all by himself... although I can't complain someones got to make the money hahaha).

Jamison is doing FABULOUS. His home nurse came out for a visit yesterday and after his evaluation she said he did so well that she doesn't have to come out any more :) She weighed him while she was here and I can't believe he is already getting so big.... 6lbs 7 oz!! Momma's milk does this little guy good!

As for my little Weston... we did the breast milk only for a day and he didn't gain any weight so the next day we went back to every other feeding formula, he gained an ounce so today the Dr suggested trying formula only for a 3-4 days to see how he does "as long as thats ok with you..." I am not a breast milk crazy person, if formula is best for this baby then that is what I want him to have... I know some moms really want to nurse and get really upset if they can't.. I guess I am just not one of them. Weston's health and gaining weight is so much more important and maybe his metabolism is just faster then his brothers??? With his thyroid test coming back normal they are back to all of his issues being weight related... gain more weight, have more fat, regulate temp better and it will cushion the nerves causing the spells to stop... at least that is what we are hoping. With the added calories in the formula, fingers crossed we will be there in no time. Tonight he finally crossed the big milestone........... HE IS 5 POUNDS!!!!! That make me so happy :)

He is getting super long too, 17 1/2 inches, for such a lightweight baby he is a bit of a string bean. I had said that I wouldn't put either boy in newborn sized clothes until they came home, I don't know why but it just made me feel like I wasn't missing as much. Jamison wore his first newborn outfit the day we brought him home but unfortunately last night I had to suck it up and bring Weston all newborn sized sleepers. The preemie clothes were beginning to pull tight in the legs and shoulders... he looks so cute in his new outfits. Looking at him now in this size reminds me of how little he looked when I first put him into his very first preemie sized sleeper, he was swimming in it and now he is swimming a bit again :) I also had to give in and realize my goal of having him home for Halloween just isn't going to happen, he will spend his first holiday in the hospital... but he will be the cutest baby there sporting his pumpkin onesie!!!

You know how sometimes things happen to put life into perspective?? Tonight I had one of those moments. The elevators I usually use had one down and was taking FOREVER so when I saw a nurse getting ready to go up I asked if she cared if I road up with her in the patient services one. She said sure and when I got in there was a full sized stretcher inside. From behind you couldn't see who was in there but when I went to the back of the elevator to get out of the way I saw..... it was a little boy, I would say about 3 years old who looked so tiny in the big ole bed, it just swallowed him up. This little guy and a neck brace, a breathing machine, heart monitor, his arm in a brace with multiple IV lines. He looked at me, I smiled, and with his tiny hand that was barely able to move because he was so weak he lifted it up and he waved to me.... it was so sweet......

Its so hard to have Weston struggle daily, I want him home with his family......... but we ARE so blessed. He WILL be fine in time and sometimes seeing just how much worse it could be makes me remember how lucky we are. I don't know that little boys story and I will probably never see him again, but one thing I do know is that his mom's heart breaks for her son, and I am sure his fighting spirit keeps her going as Weston's does for me.

Enjoy the pictures.. the diaper only picture was just before I went to put Weston to bed after Kangaroo care with daddy and when I pulled the blanket back I thought he was so adorably snuggled in... little peanut :) Of course I had to include some new ones of sweet Little J too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment