Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday 10/4

Happy 3 weeks to my little boys!!! To think they are already so much a part of the family and so much a part of Pat and I and they still aren't even supposed to be born yet.

Thank goodness for a great day for both babies!!! Well I must say we did have a great nurse.... once again I have to say how much that alone can effect everything.

She saw how well Weston eats his bottle and got the Dr to allow us to bottle feed him at every feeding instead of every other (before the second one was going in the tube) she got the Dr to order him some medication for the reflux (not sure if it will help but will try for a bit before thickening his milk) and she made this little neck roll thing to help support his neck/shoulders to keep him from clenching his airway............... and these things gave him his first full day with NO SPELLS!!!! Amazing!! She said with him eating as well as he does she wants to have his feeding tube out by Thursday :) My little peanut I so hope we have finally figured out what to do with you!!! They did send up the speech therapist and he passed his test with flying colors, meaning he is swallowing his food just fine it is the reflux that has been pestering him. I do know (and keep it in the back of my mind) that the we are still a ways from the finish line but it felt so good to see him have such great progress!!!

This lady is AMAZING with Jamison. He is a slow eater and they give him a time limit of 30 minutes to finish his bottle. He sometimes gets tired which is typically when he spells...for us he usually takes the whole 30 minutes, she can finish his feeding in under 15!! I can't figure out what she does differently (the Dr told me this nurse could get a fence post to eat a bottle) but it was great to see him do well and he also had NO SPELLS today!!! She wants us to start planning on him coming home by early next week :) Tomorrow I am bringing her the car seat to look at. The babies have to pass a car seat challenge (the put them in it for 90 min and monitor them to be sure they can tolerate it) before they can go home and since he is still fairly small they want me to bring it in so we can be sure he fits in it. This way if we need to go get another one we have time :) I can't believe we are getting close.. I CAN NOT WAIT to have him home... I will be able to love on him and snuggle him whenever I want... that will be a great day... of course when both boys are home, it will be the best day yet!

They are now up to 5 lbs 1 oz and 4 lbs 3 oz. Our little Weston is catching up :)

We have the same nurse tomorrow so fingers crossed we can have a repeat of today!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hip Hip Hurray for another great day!! Can't believe how big those boys are getting and that you may be able to bring Jamison home very soon! That's really amazing news! We're all so excited for you and Pat to bring your little bundles home...whenever the time is right! Hope to talk to you soon...haven't called because I know you are BEYOND crazy with everything going on...but just know we are thinking (and praying) for you guys every day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete