Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sun 10/17-

So our first night with our little man was......................HORRIBLE!!! Well he was super sweet but my lord he was wanting no part of sleeping... well he wanted to sleep... but only if we were holding him, and of course he wanted no part of eating his bottle either.

I must admit it was more our fault then his. Jamison is so used to lights and noise all the time from the nursery and bringing him home to a dark and quiet room was just not cozy for him.The problem lies with wanting him to sleep in our bedroom last night, Pat is a super light sleeper, sleeps with ear plugs every night, so he wanted to see how it went trying to get him to sleep in the same conditions we normally do.... against my better judgment (even though he also was right there when the nurses reminded us it may be easier if we left the tv on or something) I went along with it........ yep not happening tonight. Jamison and I both moved into the nursery (with Grandma)... He has already been sleeping in his crib for about an hour.... thats approx. 55 minutes longer then the total of last night so I think we are off to a good start :) He was on a great schedule at the nursery and I am determined to keep him on it. When we went to visit Weston today everyone asked how last night went... and when we told them he didn't sleep for us AT ALL the first thing they asked was if we kept the noise going?? hahahaha The good news is we are working out all of the kinks now so it should be smooth sailing for Weston.

Weston had a pretty good day, no spells, he put on a little weight (he is now ringing in at 4lbs 9 oz) and he nursed today!! He did fantastic and was so pooped after it was hysterical. The day nurses were all the same ladies today as they were yesterday and ... they made all of my mommy bones hurt. They told us after we left that Weston just looked super sad... she said "I don't know how much the babies REALLY know about what is happening but he was just pitiful, so sad". I guessed they all took turns giving him extra TLC and she said she was so glad when she found out I had made it back to visit him last night because she thought he really needed his mom... after the little guilt trip he gave me last night when I saw him and then them talking about everything today I was almost in tears... poor little Weston :( I promise I will spoil him rotten when he makes it home!!

Off to try to get some rest before Jamison gets fired up :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home Jamison!!!!! And so the sleepless nights begin...oh, how I remember those days. We are so thrilled with the homecoming news and are now praying even harder than ever for baby bro Weston to come home soon! Love you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete