Monday, August 16, 2010

28 weeks!! wooo hoooooo!!


We made it we made it!!! What a big milestone for my boys today! This was the initial number our Dr's were shooting for when I was admitted to the hospital and we are here! At this point if the boys were to be born the long term, permanent complications of being born premature are minimal. Of course we want them baking longer, with each passing day they are getting bigger, stronger and at a much safer place in their development. They say for each day in your belly it saves the babies 2 days in the NICU, so for sure the longer the better. Oooooh and the other great part of being 28 weeks is we have now officially moved into the 3rd trimester!! I can hardly believe after waiting more then 2 1/2 years to be pregnant that we have come this far... I can not wait to hold my little babies.... well that and its still hard to believe there are 2 in my belly, I don't think that will feel real until I see them both :)

At 28 weeks (they are still calling this an eggplant??) the average weight is 1.5 to 2.2 lbs with a length of between 13.6 and 14.8 inches from crown to rump.... but of course our guys are a bit big for their age... making momma proud already!

Lets talk hiccups for a second. Babies get hiccups because they help to teach them how to breath on their own and gets them ready for life outside the tummy.... and I have to say that both of the babies are doing great with this. Just last night the nurse was commenting on how well they were doing for their "age". I have heard so many woman say how much they love it when their baby gets hiccups, they think its sweet and adorable.......... I am NOT one of those women. I like knowing they are doing great and are a bit ahead however..... it completely creeps me out.... if you can imagine having two little heads right in your girlie bits, and then add the bubbling sensation of hiccups every 10 seconds for however many minutes at a time, multiply by two because God love them, it must be a brother thing, one never has them with out the other.... its an extremely odd sensation that I could not describe as sweet and/or adorable, different, odd, weird maybe..... not that I am complaining I love knowing they are doing good I just wish they could have their hiccups more upwards towards my belly or towards my side instead of, you know.. down there :)

Tomorrow is a big day.... my mother in law and "Aunt"Debbie are coming for a visit!!! I love these ladies, they are super fun and it will be awesome to see them! They will get to do some nice touristy things in DC and of course I am sure will stop by the hospital a few times as well, can't wait to see them! Tomorrow night its the big weigh in for the week and our pee pee test for protein, fingers crossed both of those are uneventful :)

~Heather

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Now that I have my own blog it will let me comment on your posts!!! Anyways, very excited for your milestone! Missing you down here :( I am hoping those little boys of yours will hold in there until at least September. . . sapphires are much prettier birthstones! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news Heather!! Your belly looks great! :)

    Enjoy your visitors!! I know you will ;-)

    HUGS!!

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete