Monday, August 9, 2010

Good news!!!

I had my glucose test this morning for gestational diabetes... when I say morning.. I mean EARLY. They came in with my orange flavored drink at 6:00 am. Lots of people say that this stuff is gross, but I however found it almost enjoyable... Maybe after living on hospital food for 2 weeks my taste buds are not what they used to be, or maybe its my never ending sweet tooth??? Either way, not bad at all. It was almost like some childhood orange flavored Koolaid or those other little kids drinks that come in weird shaped plastic squirt bottles that are like colored sugar flavored water.

6:30 Dr. came by for rounds, 7:00 the nurse popped in for my blood drawl and by 9:00am we got our results.... a big fat NEGATIVE!!!! Happy dance Happy dance!!! Lord knows I would not want to have to switch to the diabetic diet, especially when I am not in charge of getting my own meals together. We needed a 135 or less to avoid any further testing and I squeaked in at 132 :)

So far this week I am thinking we are off to a good start! I have some more blood work later today, then they will give me the RH shot (I am a negative blood type and Pat is a positive blood type) but I don't think there is anything too exciting until our Wednesday ultrasound. They will be checking Weston's fluid and the Dr. told me this morning they will also be measuring and getting the weights of the babies, I am excited to see how big they are getting :)

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment