Friday, August 20, 2010

I think I am going to have gray hair!!

28weeks 4days-

These boys REALLY are giving me a bit to much to worry about....

Yesterday I had a few contractions throughout the day but nothing to serious. I have to say that with all of the contractions I have had up till then were like a tightening feeling where my whole belly got hard and that was it. Sometimes I would see them on the contraction monitor but didn't even know I was having them.... and of course I started thinking to myself "wow everyone complains about these, I don't think they are to painful at all" Ya I am sooooo tough............

About 12:00 am last night.... I have to admit (which you can ask Pat I don't do often) oh boy was I wrong, I got cramps, then bigger cramps, some stabbing pains all accompanied by the tightening contractions.... I am like I can deal, no biggie and then I just sat staring at the clock knowing my nurse would be by anytime. When she came in she gave my big ole baby bump a squeeze and told me she needed to put me on the monitors, for the boys heart rate and my contractions....for just a few minutes....well an hour later ....big contractions were happening 10 minutes apart little tiny ones in between, ouch Ouch and OUCH!!!! Good news is though the boys were fine throughout. So they gave me some medication (a little shot in the arm) and we were very lucky everything stopped. Its pretty rough on your heart though, it makes you shaky and feel like your heart is pounding out of your chest so hopefully I won't need anymore of that.

Tonight the nurse came in to do our vitals and went to check the boys, Jamison's heartrate was high again so she strapped me up to watch him for "20 minutes" which turned into over an hour because as he was finally settling they noticed Weston hadn't had any accelerations, so essentially his rate was staying too low?!?!?! Of course they were watching me for contractions as well and I had three (they weren't regular so they didn't worry about them to much). The last one I actually was on the phone with my dad and all the sudden I had the crazy pain and actually broke out in a sweat... it was for sure the worst one yet......... sorry Dad didn't mean to hang up on you!

All of these contractions have me thinking... I AM SO HAPPY I AM HAVING A C-SECTION :)
I have had lots of stomach surgery, I know what to expect, I know whats involved... I can totally handle that. I have thought here and there throughout my pregnancy that I was missing out not delivering the way we were intended to and I would be missing out on actual child birth......... Ummmmmm ya, not so much! Contractions stink and I am TOTALLY ok with not ever having them in full swing :) All I think I will be missing out is some sore, swollen and possibly torn girlie bits.

Oh and for the record (TMI alert).... still having issues in the potty department.... just because I find this kind of impressive I have to share......... today's doses to get the party started down there are as follows:

-4 fiber pills
-3 softners
-1 Milk of Magnesia
-1 dose of mineral oil

Most people would be pooing their brains out, and for me................ NOTHING!!!! This is for sure the thing I will miss the least about being pregnant. Dr. said this may possibly be why I am contracting. So now when each nurse walks into the room first question is "did you go yet?" Fun times :)

~Heather

3 comments:

  1. Ummm at the top of your blog it says you are 26 weeks and 4 days???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats funny, my sister in law told me about that too :) Just fixed it.. its what happens when you make a post at 12:00 LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had babies both ways let me tell you i recovered faster from the c section. I have had three of those too. Brielle came at 29 weeks so I'm praying for you to mke it to at least 32. Being in the hospital is the worst for so long but let me tell you better you in there than the boys.

    ReplyDelete