Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Quick Rant

Ok so we all know I have a tremendous amount of time on my hands lately which lends itself to ALOT of time watching t.v. and it has come to my attention there is apparently a need to play the "Whooping Cough" commercial 37,294,795,090,213,749,173,987,447 times a day.. all channels, ALL THE TIME!!!

Have you not had the pleasure of seeing it yet (insert thanks to God here) let me give you a quick recap.....

There is a mom, wrangling a baby to her chest, like in a bear hug desperate grasp... while they play a recording of said baby hacking, gasping, trying to breath and hacking some more.....

The people advertising would like more adults to get the vaccine for the disease (babies already get vaccinated against it, hence why I don't really "get" it)... because there is apparently an "epidemic" happening in California... there have been approximately 900 cases in the state that has a population of over 38 million.. my opinion only of course... but I hardly think that is an epidemic proportion.... most certainly not enough to take over EVERY vacant commercial slot on television.

This commercial is pitiful, poor baby can't breath and it makes every "mom" gene in my body cringe, like I want to rescue the poor thing.... so everytime it comes on I just flip the channel, wait 60 seconds and go back.... Take that advertisers!!!! Not only am I not going to watch it anymore, I am not getting one of your stupid vaccines either :)


Just to pep up my little rant I will tell you Jamison and I now have a little game, well when he is not sleeping... This child does NOT like when things are on my belly in his little area. Recently when they put the heart rate monitor on him, he kicks it... like "get this thing off me" so funny... which of course means I torture the poor little man. If I put a book there, he kicks it away, a cup he will kick that too... last night his daddy was pretty impressed. I put a can of sparkling water on his spot and he whacked it so hard it popped the can up... Pat was like "wow think of how hard he had to kick that thing to make it move like that, especially with him being in water".. yes he is a proud pappa, Jamison MUST get his big strong muscles from him :)

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment