Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ultrasound results :)

28 weeks 2days-

Let me start by saying these boys were NOT cooperative today.... and I mean if there was a time out chair in my belly both boys would have been there. Each morning since I have been here they started off with putting the heart monitors on to check their heart rates for just a few minutes and then strap on a monitor to watch for contractions which stays on for 20+ minutes. At 28 weeks they added in NST testing which stands for Non Stress Test. It watches the heart rates and makes sure they are accelerating properly.... essentially they strap the heart monitors in place and leave them on while the contraction monitor is running as well. Here lies the problem....... if the boys move, it throws off the test and it begins again. Well these boys must have been playing a game of kickball, had a wrestling match, maybe a party, but something was going on, they were moving and moving and moving...... poor nurse had to sit there holding the pads in place for over and hour and a half!!! She even had to call in backup!!! I felt so bad for her! Naughty little babies.... I am sure they get that from their daddy :)

So next up was the ultrasound, just a mere 2 minutes after we finished with the NST...... in this case they actually wanted the boys to move............. you betcha.....they put the little wand on my belly and ..........they gave us notta, nothing, just laid there chilling out. I guess they had tuckered themselves out from all of that playing!! After much poking and proding we finally got them to move... not alot, just enough to finish with the test :) The good news is Weston's fluid level is holding steady, still high but at least there are no changes which is great!

As for me, they did ok some meds for my ear. Fingers crossed in a few days I will be able to lose the underwater feeling in my left ear.... that would be fantastic :)

Even with my naughty babies I had such a great day. I had one of my favorite nurses, a visit from Pats mom and "Aunt" Debbie (they came bearing some amazing little baby goodies for the boys) and finished up with a nice visit from my hubby!

Pat mentioned he heard a new Brad Paisley (we LOVE him) song called "Anything Like Me" on the way to the hospital tonight that he liked. After a quick google search I had it playing on the laptop.... I blame it on the hormones but I got a bit teary eyed (ok... don't tell Pat, but I wasn't the only teary eyed person in the room).... Such a sweet song and I am sure it will ring very true for us.... I know my stubborn man gave his momma a run for her money a few times when he was growing up and I am expecting no less from my boys... actually bracing myself for much worse since it will be little Pat's times two :) Here are the lyrics, although I totally recommend listening to good ole Brad sing it. If you have a son (maybe even a daughter) I am betting you won't make it to the end without a quick dab to your eyes either :)

I remember sayin' I don't care either way
Just as long as he or she is healthy I'm okay
Then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screen
And said, "You see that thing right there, well you know what that means"

I started wondering who he was going to be
And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me

He'll probably climb a tree too tall and ride his bike too fast
End up every summer wearin' something in a cast
He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass in a window down the street

He's gonna get in trouble, oh he's gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me

I can see him right now, knees all skinned up
With a magnifying glass tryin' to melt the Tonka truck
Won't he be a sight with his football helmet on?
That'll be his first love 'til his first love comes along

He'll get his heart broke by the time he's in his teens
And heaven help him if he's anything like me

He'll probably stay out too late and drive his car too fast
Get a speeding ticket, he'll pay for mowing grass
He's gonna get caught skippin' class and be grounded for a week

He's gonna get into trouble, we're gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me

He's gonna love me and hate me along the way
Years are gonna fly by and I already dread the day

He's gonna hug his momma, he's gonna shake my hand
He's gonna act like he can't wait to leave
But as he drives out he'll cry his eyes out if he's anything like me
There's worst folks to be like, oh he'll be alright if he's anything like me


I can honestly say this pregnancy hasn't been a picnic in the park... it has been tough, painful, long, and lord help me.... its not over yet... but I wouldn't change a thing. I am so blessed and excited to be Jamison and Weston's momma and to give my husband two sons. I can only hope they take after their daddy, good, bad and everything in between :) He is the best man I know...... well tied with my Daddy of course!!!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment