Monday, August 2, 2010

26 weeks!!!

Wow that number means even more to me this week then it did all the weeks before... we have another week under these boys belts thank goodness!!! The next two weeks are so important to their development so for now my focus will be to get through the next 14 days!

The sad part is no camera so no belly picture for this week... just picture last week and add a little width... TADA!! Thats what I look like now.

As for the boys the official size chart and fruit/vegetable comparison says they are the same as last week (weird I think ..but hey I am not the official expert on this part) So we have our two little eggplants, approximately 13.6-14.8 inches from crown to rump and they are weighing somewhere between 1.5 lbs and 2.2 lbs.

So in other news... talk about a BAD day and a half.... the only thing worse then being on hospital bedrest, is being on hospital bedrest and having your computer completely CRASH and BURN. The wonderful thing known as the internet, is my lifeline to the outside world and without it I was not a happy camper... just ask Pat :) I didn't realize my laptop needed a coffin until after he was already here for a visit yesterday and after unsuccessfully trying to revive it realized we were at a lost cause... and as promised he said he would bring our other laptop tonight which left me a long and boring day. So let me just give you an idea of how I spend my time here in the hospital..

6:30-7:00 Dr's make there rounds.. if you are sleeping they wake you up and in the 30 seconds after they want to know if you have any questions...for them... MUST think fast....

7:00-8:00 New nurse time... oh the excitement, who will it be, someone nice? someone I have had before? will they be funny or will the sweaty lady be back (for the record sweaty lady was super nice but apparently going through menopause, had to stop and wash her face twice to get through vital signs) This is when we get to hear baby heartbeats and check for contractions.

8:00-9:00 I listen for every noise "Is that the food cart?" "Is breakfast almost here?" "Will it be delicious?" Ok I settle for at least being mostly edible or even being what I order... if there is a "Supervisor Checked" stamp on your order... guarantee its wrong.....

9:00-12:00 A quick check in from the nurses followed by a few hours of the "is that the food cart?" game... oh the little things...

12:00-1:00 Lunch time BINGO baby... here is where I learned chicken is safe, turkey is safe however... stay away from brown meats... AKA as some of you remember from school lunches ... mystery meat. I had ordered a BBQ beef dish the other day that in all honesty resembled in exact texture and color, wet dog food... nope I didn't attempt to try to see if it tasted like dog food, honestly my gag reflex wouldn't allow it past my nose but what I can say is THAT IS NOT BBQ sauce.

1:00-3:00 Two fantastic back to back episodes of "You are not the father" on the Maury show.. Seriously after testing 10+ men, why do you woman run off the stage EVERY time.. are you really THAT surprised that this new guy is also not the father???

3:00 Is it time for Pat to visit?

3:30 Is it time for Pat to visit?

4:00 Is it time for Pat to visit?

4:30 Was that the food cart?

5:00 Is It time for Pat to visit?

In case you can't tell this is when the internet REALLY comes in handy.....

5:30 Yippeeee it was the food cart!!!! Dinner -fingers crossed, good news is the desserts are always yummy.

6:00 Awe my Pat comes to visit!!

7:00-8:00 New nurse time, repeat above...

8:00 Pat leaves.... I am sad :(

tick tock tick tock tick tock

10:00 all of my meds and my shot

tick tock tick tock

How many hours till breakfast?????

Seriously though my day revolves around when the food is coming, not that I am that hungry, its more the only element of surprise in my day... because in all honesty you just never know what you are going to get!!!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment