Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mrs. Patrick Crockett

Happy Anniversary to my hubby!!! I have been so lucky to be able to call myself Mrs. Patrick Crockett for 3 years.... it has flown by.

Of course everyone thinks their husband is the best, and I am no exception to that rule. Mind you he says some crazy things and he has crazy antics that I often joke about here on the blog but he is MY crazy man....

I already told you about how we met but I haven't yet shared the rest of our story :)

We began dating in July of 06. It didn't take long before we didn't need to ask what our plans would be for the weekend because we knew we would be together... and I remember how sweet he was when he officially asked me to be his "girlfriend".... in true Pat fashion this happened at the pool of Jimmy Guana's with a cold beer in hand sporting a cowboy hat... December came along and we went together to pick out our dog Maggie & we became our little family of 3...

For Christmas that year Pat had got me a cruise to Mexico for March, and I was sooooo excited for our first big trip together. By January we had moved in together (shame on us I know) and soon after it was time for our trip. It was on the cruise that Pat asked me to be his wife.... it was the perfect proposal with just the two of us and I was over the moon to know I would be spending the rest of my life with such a great man.... Pat had told me "I already have a wedding date for us, 06-07-08, its so cool" you can see how he fared, our wedding date became 09-01-07 :)

Well..... we had our big wedding planned for 11/10/07 (which was wonderful) but that is a whole different story............. On September 1st, three years ago Pat and I, along with our immediate family, walked out on our dock at sunset and became husband and wife... it was a great day!!!

I often give Pat a hard time on this blog, well he does make it VERY easy but in all honesty the man could easily have earned a purple heart from dealing with some of my antics and issues over the last few years... I am so grateful for his never ending love and support, and I hope that I am as good of a wife to him as he has been a husband to me.

Together we make a great team. My weaknesses are his strengths and my strengths are his weaknesses and I look forward to so many years being his wife and the momma to his sons!

Just in case you haven't had the privilege of knowing him I will share with you some of my favorite things about my Pat :)

- He is probably the smartest man I know.. never play trivia with him... you will lose

- He has a big heart... always one to offer help or support to anyone in need

- He is extremely loyal and will always stand by his friends & family

- He can fix anything... may need a cheerleader to cheer him on but if its broke he will fix it

- He believes in me and with him I know I can accomplish anything

- He turns into a little kid if you get him candy, you would think you handed him $100 :)

- He is a perfectionist.. he takes so much pride in what he does and won't stop until its perfect

- He has a great sense of humor and can always make you laugh

- He listens to the words of every song and always knows the "message" or "story"

Of course he is adorable with the cutest little butt I have ever seen and I so hope our babies get his dimples... I could really have this list go on and on, but I will spare you all from the gushy stuff and spare him from the embarrassment. I may be biased but I think I hit the husband jackpot when I married my Pat!!!

Happy Anniversary my love!!!

~Heather

3 comments:

  1. Aw! Happy Anniversary you guys!!!!! You are right he is hilarious! { Flash back to St. Pattys Day 2008 } Sorry. .. too soon?? BAWAAAAA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Tear *Tear! Heather that is so sweet of you to blog about him like that. :) It's so wonderful to have found your soulmate. Life would not be complete.

    He sounds endearing! Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you and to Pat....Getting to three years is amazing!!! And I agree that he is pretty awesome, but my lovey has the cutest butt.....hahahahahah

    ReplyDelete