Friday, September 3, 2010

Food service STINKS!!!

30weeks 5days-

Ok, so for the good news Wednesday's ultrasound was fantastic. Little Weston's fluid has come down, he was looking great and we caught his brother sucking his tiny thumb which was ADORABLE!!! They didn't weigh them this week but I am hoping they do next week.... fingers crossed they have gotten much bigger.... the last two nurses I have had were also my nurses a while back and both of them commented on how big my belly has gotten in the last few weeks!!! However I am soooooo thankful I am not having triplets :)

They reinstated my social hour privileges!! YAY ME!!!!! I was so excited! Well one of the other mommas came and OMG!!! She was huge, like huge huge. So not wanting to say holy cow you are enormous, I simply asked the typical, "how far are you along?" and "do you know what you are having?" She is 30 weeks and having triplet boys!!! They all three have extra fluid like Weston and they also are all three really big for their development, measuring over 2 weeks ahead for their age. Oh yes, and she has a baby girl at home who is only 20 months and still in diapers!!! I can't even imagine!!! It was so much fun chatting with the other bedrest mommas. Now fingers crossed they won't take it away again :)

So this food service, it stinks.......... I have been just dealing with their mistakes and issues.. I try to just go with the flow even though 9 times out of 10 my order is missing something or wrong. My favorite is when something has been highlighted that its been checked and is correct, extra special if there is also a supervisor checked stamp on it as well, and its obviously wrong.. like Really... really you CHECKED this??? Example, I ordered a sandwich with no tomatoes (this detail highlighted on my slip that it was noted to be correct) and its pouring out so many tomatoes they are all over the plate.. did I send it back? No. Did I complain? No..I just deal (mostly because I don't like spit in my food). This morning I ordered some cereal, milk and some grapes.... it arrives with no bowl?? And the delivery lady had no idea why that may be a problem, (sorry I am a firm believer that if you live in the U.S. and work in the U.S. you should also know and understand English). Anyways... this brings me to todays fiasco.

When I was admitted somehow on my dietary stuff someone marked I was allergic to shellfish, which I am not.... Every time you call down to order food they go over your allergies, each time they say "you are allergic to shellfish?" and I tell them "no, that is a mistake I have no food allergies"... I have been here 5 1/2 weeks... I have repeated this 3 times a day, each time they say they will fix it........... now here is me thinking its no big deal because its not like they will be serving Lobster or Crab legs anytime soon... till today!!!! So NOON today, I get one of the nice ladies when I call for lunch and she mentions they have a special Crab cake sandwich on the Cafe menu (we can only order from here between 11-2) and its delicious... totally peaks my interest since very few things here are ever described as delicious. So I was like "oh sounds great please can I have that" and also order a side of a sweet potato... I hang up realizing this whole allergy thing is going to be an issue and sure enough lunch lady calls me back and tells me I can't have it because of my "allergy". I try to explain that its a mistake, she tells me she will take care of it.... it takes over an hour for my tray to arrive, meantime I have mentioned this whole mix up to my nurse who said to keep her posted and she will try to take care of it (since its clearly not in my chart up here & is a mistake)...so tray comes, sweet potato isn't an actual potato its bits of mush shaped into logs, resembling way to close the color and consistency of dog poop, and you guessed it ...no sandwich. I call down and lunch lady tells me the manager said in no way will they allow me to have this sandwich!!! Ok, for the record I would have to be an IDIOT to order a shellfish sandwich if I was truly allergic, like people... seriously do you think I would attempt to kill myself to enjoy some hospital grade dish? SERIOUSLY??? Why on Earth??? So next up, nurse calls down and explains to not one but two dietary managers that this is wrong....finally they say they will send it up. Nurse calls me about 15 minutes later and asks if I received it yet I said no but they assured me its on the way (side note she was asking because she was there and going to grab one to bring to me... ) half hour later still no sandwich .... call again, they tell me I can't have it.. I am about to FREAK OUT, this is now 1:40. There is a food manager coming around delivering new menus and I mentioned I am EXTREMELY upset by this whole craziness, nurse comes in trying to explain from her end as well... both ladies had the Crab cake sandwich for lunch and said how great it was... THANKS!! I am SOOOOOO happy you enjoyed it!!!Manager takes off to fix it... 2:15 "Sorry we ran out of Crab cakes" I really almost cried. I am SO sick of the crappy food here, I was starving, and completely irritated. 2:45 manager calls and bribes me with a fruit smoothie and brings me a grilled cheese......... Guess what..... They still have in their paperwork that I am allergic to shellfish (supposedly they are working on this)!!!!! However manager lady felt really bad and said in three weeks when this item returns she will personally deliver one to my room and to make up for the issue next Wednesday they will have Prime Rib on a menu I normally can't order from (there are 3 kitchens here) and she will bring me one of those as well... we'll see..... mind you I was not a happy camper most of the afternoon..... I am hardly ever in a bad mood, it really takes ALOT to tick me off... unless I am hungry :) If you asked Pat about my biggest tantrum of all time he would probably mention our first Halloween when he decided to pick up a pumpkin before getting dinner..... it was ugly, stomped my feet and pouted like a two year old :)

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment