Tuesday, September 7, 2010

31 weeks!!


Ok technically its 31 weeks 1 day... I gave myself a day off for the holiday, after all it was Labor Day :)

As of today the boys are still approximately the size of a squash, weighing about 3.3 lbs and coming in at about 16 inches long.

I can't believe how close we are getting. Just yesterday one of the other bedrest twin mommas went into labor and had her babies....... she was 31 weeks!!!! Aghhhhh crazy to know that really at any given time these babies can decide its their birthday. Even the Dr.'s are getting ready, they switched one of my medications (my blood thinners) to twice a day "to get you ready for delivery". As much as I can't wait to meet our little men as soon as they said that I was like........ Whoaaaaaa nelly, wait a minute.... NOT... READY... YET. This pregnancy has been dragging on forever but I just can't compute that it will be over so soon... and when I hear about the other moms having their babies it just really hits home that I will soon be holding ours.... my old hospital roommate is having her babies this week, she is 35 weeks :)

I had another little round of contractions the other morning... I had a pretty rough night the night before with nausea, they gave me my regular meds and threw in a new cocktail at about 1:00 am, by 2:00 I was asleep.... until 3:00 when I woke up sick, 4:00 when I woke up sick, 5:00 when I woke up sick and the 6:00 when I decided to stay up and get some more medication..... as soon as they got that under control, you guessed it, I started contracting... a hour and a half of that they got it stopped with that fantastic shot in the arm, note to self DO NOT try to shower after receiving that medication EVER AGAIN... shaky legs, hands, slippery floor and a giant belly you can't see over = not a good mix... and lord knows I don't want to ever have to hit the emergency cord... to many nurses, flying in to quick, seeing my BIG OLE BUTT... no thanks!! I continued to contract here and there throughout the day but they stayed at less then 4 an hour thank goodness.... looks like the babies are wanting a debut before Oct 18, but lets hope they stay in for just a wee bit longer!!!!

Oh yes tonight is my big weigh in and pee pee test.... with the fantastic comments I have been getting on my baby bump lately I think I may cry when I see those numbers tonight....... will keep you posted!

~Heather

3 comments:

  1. You look great mama!! I hope they stay in and cook a little longer for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the size brielle was when she came at 29 weeks. I'm praying that they stay in there longer. Once again much better your in and cheaper then them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he! I can see your belly! :P You look wonderful pregnant!!!! Cant believe they will be here soon! 3-6 weeks!!!! I am pulling for more like 6 so they are nice and healthy! :D

    ReplyDelete