Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday 9/25/10

So after I was a a wee bit sad yesterday that I was missing out on so much with my little Weston I decided to go in for a super early visit this morning and my favorite nurse for him was on.... she was just getting ready do give him his bottle and............ she let me do it!!! It was so nice to finally get to hold and feed him!! On top of that he did really great. He was allowed between 5-10 ml and he took about 6. While I was there his Dr. popped by for a quick update and she let me know that she was still not really liking his chest x-rays (the blood flow with his heart valve open causes fluid build up) so she ordered another dose of a diuretic to help release some... but otherwise he had a good day. She was going to take him off oxygen as well, mostly because he keeps yanking it off, stubborn little thing. He does great without it but after seeing his x-ray she wants to wait maybe one or two more days. I can not wait to see him when its gone, one less thing on his tiny face :) Of course we came by mid afternoon to see him and then this evening I went back by myself (Pat wasn't feeling well and wanted to be sure he wasn't sick... yes unlike some other NICU parents, he doesn't want to chance infecting 100 preemie babies) and his night nurse was just getting ready to give him his bottle and............ she let me do it too!!!! He was a pro tonight and for the first time drank all 10ml :) I was so happy I was there for this visit he was so alert and awake, just checking everything out, with him finishing his bottle, it was a bonus!! Congrats little guy this was a big accomplishment!

We had such a great visit with Jamison as well today. Daddy feed him his bottle and we both got some good cuddling time in. His Dr. stopped by as well and basically said he was a superstar :) When I got back this evening his nurse had a great surprise for me..... Jamison's feeding tube is gone!!!! She said she would have told me over the phone but since I was coming in she figured I would enjoy the surprise. I can't even tell you how nice it is to finally see his whole itty bitty face... no wire, no tubes just him. He is so precious I just want to eat him up :) He drank his bottle so well and was out like a light. I didn't have my camera with me but tomorrow I will for sure get some pictures of him so you can all see his little face too.... its kind of crazy how one little wire makes such a difference.

So overall it was a home run for the boys today (I must say I kind of needed a day like today and I am so thankful for it). I did get them to coordinate the visiting hours so tomorrow should be a little less hectic with lots more quality time... maybe we can even squeeze in a Kangaroo :)

2 comments:

  1. This was your Uncle Mike's poam that he really loved.
    Sticky fingers,dirty face
    Rug and pillows out of place
    Cars and tractors here and there
    Blocks and boats
    everywhere
    Gold and silver have I none
    But worth a million are my sons

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful update concerning your boys!

    Continued prayers for you all!!

    Blessings,
    BFK
    xxx

    ReplyDelete