Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday 9/29/10

I first want to thank you all for your words of encouragement via blog comments, email, phone calls, I truly appreciate them... brought tears to my eyes.... above all Pat and I are very blessed to have such an amazing support system.

This morning I called to check on my little guy down in his nursery and the nurse put me on hold... comes back on the line to tell me.................. "BOTH CROCKETT BOYS ARE NOW IN 6th FLOOR EAST NURSERY" That right folks my babies are finally together and for the first time I was able to see them next to each other!!! I couldn't have been happier. My little Seabiscuit (lovingly nicknamed by Grandma Crockett) has done so well the last few days he has graduated to the "growers and feeders". Weston is such a fighter and has made big strides the last week, I am so proud of my little peanut.

He had another echo done on his heart today to check on his valve and unfortunately the gel they use for the ultrasound gave him the chills again so I wasn't really able to hold him today, we had to keep him bundled up to help his temp rise. I still had a nice visit though, he was super alert and just looking around... so sweet... some of the best news yet... Weston's valve has closed!!! This is something to celebrate for sure!!!

Jamison, awe my little Jamison.... we tried nursing today (got a little help by adding "shields" those things are FANTASTIC) he did so good and was able to pace himself so much better then he can with the bottle, he really drank quite a bit and had no spells at all. Its funny how I was so nervous and gun shy about nursing and now I fell more confident feeding him that way then I do a bottle. His next feeding we did the bottle and he had just one spell but about half way through he fell asleep so they use the feeding tube... the last feeding we were there for was a bit more frustrating.... Pat tried feeding him, he had a spell (Pat was finished at that point )so I tried and he was doing fairly well, his nurse showed us a few ways to help stimulate him while he is feeding and he did better... he was almost finished and it turned 6:30, this is when the nursery closes for an hour for shift change, typically they let us finish but some clock watching crazy nurse (not his just another one in there) came by and kicked us out... no biggie but instead of finishing his feeding she just put him in his bed and put the rest in his feeding tube... Thats the crappy part about it being there, when the nurses decide to be lazy or they are busy they just put it in the tube instead of working with them... just ticked me off because for the first time today he was taking his bottle well and she didn't give him a chance to finish... the nursery closes to parents, the babies still need to be feed and cared for. Its frustrating but I know he will get better, soon enough he will be drinking the whole thing and crying for more. He also had a physical therapy session today, my sweet little munchkin got a gold star, she said he did great :)

Overall successful day... hoping my little Weston can come out and play tomorrow. Not sure if I can but I am hoping that soon I can hold them both at the same time.... if I get really lucky maybe some kangaroo x 2 :)

1 comment:

  1. Praise the LORD!!!!!

    Rejoicing and dancing with you on the most wonderful news on the Crockett boys \0/

    Blessings and prayers,

    BFK
    xxx

    ReplyDelete