Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday 9/19/10

Oh my, what a great day!!!!! Seriously today was the first day since these little boys were born that Pat and I took a sigh of relief in knowing they were BOTH going to be ok....

We called this morning and got our times for visiting and they gave us some quick updates on the boys. We found out that Weston was able to finally come off of the lights for his jaundice!!! No more sunglasses, one less thing on his tiny frame, so we were really looking forward to seeing him today and they said they would hold off on Jamison's bottle (every other feeding gets one, the rest are done by the feeding tube alone) so we could give it to him during our visit.

So I start getting ready when Pat's phone rings.... its the hospital, I panic thinking the worst because they never call..... it was Jamison's nurse..... letting us know that if we would like to dress him today we could bring him in an outfit :) It was sweet of her to call and of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to dress him for the first time. The only requirement was it could have no feet (that is where his IV is) so we went with an adorable little "Mommy Loves Me" onesie with matching hat, (thank you Grandma) he looked adorable in it!! I only have a few preemie sized things since I was not expecting them this early and this was the only one with out little feet in it, this means I want to go shopping for some others, nothing too crazy just a few shirts or onesies.... as typical Pat wants me to wait and let him wear the clothes the hospital will provide... I will keep you posted on who wins that battle :)

Our visit with him today was great, after getting him in his new clothes (he wasn't too fond of being dressed.. I am sure he gets this from his daddy) he took a his bottle like a champ and was so sweet while I held him. The Dr. came by and said she expected him to be in the next nursery probably by Wednesday... little J will officially have his first "graduation" :)

Now for our Mr. Weston.... seeing him today was honestly like seeing a whole different baby... his color was great, we could see his little eyes, his breathing was better and it was so comforting to really see a huge improvement. I can't even express how good it felt to see him look so much healthier. However..poor little thing... took after his momma in one aspect for sure.... he had to get a suppository to help him go poo poo. Sorry baby :( Pat and I have been switching off and on for who gets to hold him and yesterday was Pats day but when the nurse offered to let me "kangaroo" with the baby I passed on my turn so Pat could really get some snuggle time in (for the record it kills me to not hold him but I have already gotten lucky enough to kangaroo with each baby and it just feels like a special time compared to just holding them in your arms so I wanted to be sure Pat got to experience it to, he loved it) . The baby already looks so small, but on Pats big ole chest he looked extra tiny. Weston's vitals were perfect the whole time and he just snoozed right on through so I think he was loving it too. I know I have mentioned this before, about how much he likes to hold things in his hand, well as soon as he got on his daddys chest he took the hospital gown (every time you hold a baby even if its skin to skin they have you throw one on) and he wrapped the fabric all up in his miniature hand and just held it, after a bit he grabbed the tie to the gown instead, it really is adorable :) Of course I have plenty of pictures so I will post them soon. The best part of the visit was the nurse had to change his Cpap adapter and she let us both see his little face. We had not seen him except for the seconds after he was born when they brought him over to meet us before whisking him away to the NICU and of course the one picture I had of the Dr. holding him up, but hadn't "seen" or really got to "look" at him since and it was so exciting to finally see his whole face. He is so sweet and in all honesty as much as I think Jamison looks like Pat, and I think the boys look a little bit alike but I really think Weston will be Pat's mini-me. He has his exact shaped mouth and cheeks. Babies change alot in the beginning so I guess we'll see if I still think that a few months from now :)

I can't believe as of tomorrow our boys are one week old!! It has been a crazy roller coaster so far but I am sooooo thankful for them both, they are truly our little miracle babies!!

3 comments:

  1. Hallelujah!! This update made my morning...truly. So glad Pat got some extra TLC time with baby Weston and can't wait to see the latest photos. We're all pulling for Team Crockett! Grow babies grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to read such uplifting news. Happy to hear the boys are doing great. What a manificant blessing.

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought clothes for brielle to wear in the nicu. I kept a bagin here cubby. to many cute clothes to pass it up. Hope you win and get to get some clothes for the boys. so glad they re doing good.

    ReplyDelete