Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday 9/16/10

What a day...

I got to go see the boys this morning (Pats mom drove me, she is leaving tomorrow morning) and it was a great visit.

Jamison is doing so well they have now taken him off of the lights!!! Yay!!! Then she told me they would be trying him on a bottle again... Yay!!! Then she said I could give it to him!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!!! He handled it like a champ, I squeezed a tiny drop of milk out onto his lips and that was it, 30 sec (it was a very small amount) the bottle was empty!! I snuggled him until it was time to see his brother...........

Weston... poor little guy, he had a few more "episodes" through the night and his chest X-ray wasn't looking good so they ordered a few extra labs, they also had decided on putting the Picc line in today as well... my poor baby :( the nurse was sweet and offered to let me hold him since after getting the Picc line we wouldn't be able to for at least 24 hours and then she looked at my shirt and decided that since it was a V-neck she could tuck him inside and let us do the kangaroo hold.. my tiny little man laid on my chest sucking away on a pacifier with a million wires and the Cpap and yet he was so content. He had his little hand stretched out onto my neck and was touching my skin (he likes to feel things) and his rates all improved tremendously, so much that we were supposed to only do it for 20 minutes but since he was doing so well I got to keep him there for about 45 minutes... probably could have gone longer but he started to fuss and I became totally helpless... I didn't know what to do to make him feel better and all of these things are all over the place.... but nonetheless I enjoyed every second of finally having my baby close to me. When my visit was over the Dr called to give me his lab results and said that Weston has a little valve outside his heart that hadn't closed the way they its supposed to.... this explains some of the trouble he is having breathing (too much blood flowing to lungs) for now they will watch it, if it doesn't get better they will use a medication and if that doesn't help they will do surgery... please pray that is not the case :(

Pat and I went back for a visit tonight and checked on Jamison who was doing great and sleeping away but when we called over to see if it was ok to go see Weston they were actually inserting his Picc line then... Pat told our nurse "that little guy keeps breaking my heart.." which breaks mine to know that not just my baby but my poor hubby is suffering and to know that right in the next room they are working on him... ugh!!! it was hard.... so we didn't get to see him tonight.... we called right before bed and they said the procedure went well which is all we could hope for at this point and in the long term it will keep him from getting stuck over and over as his IV's fail... Hoping tomorrow his breathing will have improved enough to come of of Cpap and go to just the nose tube oxygen.... fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment