Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday 9/21/10

Another great day for the boys!!

I did my morning call in to see what time would be best to visit Jamison's nurse gave me great news.... he is officially off the IV!!!! No more getting poked over and over thank goodness (his veins are so tiny each IV site only lasted a short while), which also meant he could wear any type of clothes we had for him, feet or no feet :) Lucky for Pat I hadn't gone shopping yet (and I do mean yet because I am sure I will soon) and I had a few preemie sleepers ready to hop on my little guy...
today he wore a green dinosaur sleeper with little "claws" on the feet so cute!! When I got there she also told me they had increased the amount of his feeding and said that they will give him as much through the bottle (instead of the feeding tube) as he will take... once he is strong enough to take all of his feedings by bottle for a period of 24hrs they will remove his tube!!! I got to give him his first bottle and he ate the whole thing!! Daddy did one too, he was a little sleepy but with a little help from the nurse was able to finish that one too! At the end of the day he was able to do 3 out of 4 through his bottle alone (the 4th he was just to tuckered out but he did about 1/2).. what a great first day! I am sure he will be thrilled to get the tube out since he decided to take it out himself earlier... poor kid they had to replace it, but this time through his little nose... They are also working on weaning him to an open crib instead of the isolette. I can't believe how well he is doing, he is a very sweet baby! Oh... and Pat "attempted" to change his diaper, this is his second diaper attempt, he failed, saw a little baby skid mark (not even an actual poo) and threw in the towel... we must work on this :)

Little Weston looked awesome today without the big Cpap on his head and he is doing phenomenally with just the oxygen. Today we had the nurse who loves to let the babies kangaroo so I got to hold my tiny guy for an hour :) LOVED IT!!! He did great minus one of his little "spells". I can say they are horrible to watch but it was even worse this time because he was on my chest and I felt him go limp... awful :( I really look forward to him growing out of these.... although it does seem like the caffeine is helping as they are getting less frequent... baby steps :) He is for sure getting stronger everyday... I wonder how long I will completely baby and spoil him because of his rough start?? I am thinking---minimum 18-25 years???

1 comment:

  1. Yay! They are doing SO well. LOVE the photos and my goodness you look amazing just one week after delivery! You'll have that extra 20lbs off before you know it...you're a spring chicken after all! I on the other hand...am a more mature one and so I have to work harder to get off the extra baggage...that darn extra 10lbs!! Keep those photos coming! xoxo

    ReplyDelete