Friday, September 24, 2010

Thursday 9/23/10

Awe ....my big boy was in his new nursery :) After walking in Jamison's nurse gave me about 20 seconds before saying "ok we have the lactation consultant ready lets stick him on your breast..." Ummmmmmmmmmm ok???? I was worried, I can't lie... he is so tiny and has no teeth, why nursing freaks me out so bad I have no idea but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and nurse lady wasn't leaving a whole lot to discuss so out the boobie came.... along with the warning that he may not be interested or maybe not "get" it.... that was not the case..... little man was all about having some lunch... obviously much more excited for the nursing experience then I was..... but it was nothing like I expected. It didn't "hurt" like I thought it would although I would not call it cozy by all means... I am sure after a little practice both Jamison and I will be a-ok and have this all figured out.. They did tell us though, even with breastmilk, being a preemie both him and Weston will need two bottles of special formula for the next 9-12 months... I think Pat cried a little, he said "ouch, thats going to be expensive" when out the window went his ideas of not having to buy any formula hahahaha :)

My little Weston had a good day, he was soooooo alert when we went and saw him, checking everything out... I love it when his little eyes are open. He only had one "spell" yesterday which was so nice!!! They have increased his feedings again and they moved his feeding tube into his belly... it was all the way into his intestines before so this is a huge improvement to get him closer to eating regular bottles. His nurse was another story... wasn't I just saying who I had liked all of his nurses??? Well not yesterday's. He has that picc line. We have been told to be sure no nurse EVER takes him out without putting the brace on... nurse goes to take him out without it... I say "oh look there is his brace" and she says "he will be just fine without it" Pat and I were a little freaked, the thought of it moving or coming out would be horrible so I called her over and asked her to put it on just to make us more comfy and she did.... so loose it was off in a minute... It so hard when you get to little time with them and we couldn't really enjoy it for fear we would hurt him.... Anyways so I called to see how he had done with his little nibble the give him from the bottle full well knowing that she would say he didn't take it... although he had twice the day before,with fabulous nurses, its just he needs time and patience for someone to work with him and I knew off the bat this girl was not "that" kind so needless to say when I called she said he wouldn't swallow it!! UGH!!! I just wish I could do it myself! Soon they will let me....

The good news is both boys are getting bigger. Yesterday's weights, Jamison has gained 6 ounces!!! He weighs 4 lbs 1 oz :) Weston is getting a little bigger too, he had lost some weight in the beginning but he is back up past his birth weight and he gained one more ounce so he is weighing in at 3lb 8oz... slow and steady wins the race little man :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your twin boys!!! God has blessed you and your hubby so richly!

    I am a quiet admirer from another site.

    Prayers for Weston and you all!!!

    Blessings,

    BFK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping bye and for the congratulations BFK! Prayers are very much appreciated :) Best Wishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete